Re using spark plugs?

1 reply to this topic
  • Jeff_Magnusson

Posted October 10, 2002 - 05:36 AM

Over the weekend I fouled my plug and tried to change it out with a plug that had been cleaned. My bike still would not start. Finally I drove to a local dealer and picked up a new plug. Started right up. Does anybody know if the CR8E is not meant to be reused once it is cleaned? This looks like the case to me but I was curios if anyone else had this problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lewichris

Posted October 10, 2002 - 05:53 AM

I have used the old oven cleaner trick on all of my fouled plugs. Some work again and some dont. So i just always use new and toss the old. My .400 cents worth :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.