I've got the seat foam fix!

3 replies to this topic
  • MOmilkman

Posted April 05, 2002 - 05:03 AM

I ripped off my old seat cover a few days ago and was planning on just trowing a new one on. Well my seat foam was destroyed because of the staples that run through the seat base.

I didnt have time to order a new one because I am riding this weekend so I had a buddy tell me to fill in the holes of the foam with black rv silicone. I did and with a new seat cover on it looks good as new.

This may not be a new trick to some of you, but I have never heard of it before and I thought I might pass it along for others. :)

LATER!

• Tim_in_WA

Posted April 05, 2002 - 10:01 PM

MOmilkman- while you were there, you should've poked some holes in the foam to soften it up a little!!! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted April 05, 2002 - 10:12 PM

Actually Tim I kind of like the firmness of the Guts foam. Perfect density.

It might have been a little hard when i first bought it, but I have tenderized it pretty well with my backside. :)

also, Im not like those fast boys that stand all the time. I like to get relaxed, sit back in the saddle, and enjoy my ride :D

• Tim_in_WA

Posted April 05, 2002 - 10:16 PM

I'm with you, I like to enjoy the ride and spend a fair amount of time on the seat. If you have the guts foam, then it's already softer than stock anyway! I drilled a bunch of holes in my stock foam to soften it up and make it feel less like a 2x4. Worked pretty good!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.