Exhaust header guard

4 replies to this topic
  • DeeCee

Posted December 28, 2007 - 07:42 AM

Does anyone have a solution to the problem of burning the right leg of your trousers on the exhaust header ? My bike is a YZ400f.

I have noticed some headers have a guard on them to prevent this. Maybe there is an aftermarket guard that can be clamped onto the exhaust header.

Any ideas/suggestions ?

Posted December 28, 2007 - 07:58 AM

There is a wrap you can get at the nearest Bike shop or Auto Zone. Called header wrap it is used on cars and bikes..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DeeCee

Posted December 30, 2007 - 04:20 AM

Thanks, I picked some up today, will install it during the next few days. Should do the trick just fine.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 30, 2007 - 07:20 AM

Thanks, I picked some up today, will install it during the next few days. Should do the trick just fine.

I would go with an E-Line or something like that. It is an Exhaust shield like a stock one. I heard that wraping the header will burn it out. Plus with the header open it dissipates heat more rapidly. Here is another post.
http://www.thumperta...ght=header wrap Hope this helps. I wouldn't wrap it. Happy New Year:thumbsup:

• 133_Bradley

Posted December 30, 2007 - 08:45 AM

If you're a good welder and grinder you could always make one.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.