Gas tank

3 replies to this topic
  • Keener

Posted April 05, 2002 - 03:52 AM

Any difference between the YZ-style Clarke and IMS tank/seat combo for WR426?

• MOmilkman

Posted April 05, 2002 - 04:34 AM

I tried a Clarke and a IMS on my bike a couple of years ago. I dont know if the tanks have changed since then but this was my opinion after trying both tanks out.

* I have heard people say they think the Clarke is a tad slimmer than the IMS. I dont know if there is any truth to that or not
* The Clarke does mount up better. It has 2 mounting brackets to the IMS's one.
* The petcock to the IMS was on the right hand side of the tank and you had to run the line under the frame. Although I do like the idea of having a petcock on the left and right to get the most fuel range.

Hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Keener

Posted April 05, 2002 - 05:09 AM

Thanks for the reply. I think I will go with the Clarke tank/seat combo.

• robswr426

Posted April 05, 2002 - 06:56 PM

go with the clark . i just got it with the moose seat . i love it . slimmer then the ims and a WHOLE lot cheaper

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.