98 YZ400F street legal?????

2 replies to this topic
  • cpjones1231

Posted December 27, 2007 - 11:41 AM

Anyone know the best way to convert from MX to a street legal dual sport setup? These rising gas prices are making me consider doing this, so just wanna know the best way to do it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rooster wrooster

Posted December 27, 2007 - 12:28 PM

First research the laws in your state. Many of the states have different laws regarding what equipment your bike will need. For example, some states require turn signals and others don't. Then after you figure that out do a search here on TT to find out how to attach everything to your bike and make it all work.

FYI my street legal '06 450 only gets about 30 miles/gallon. Better than a V-8 but not as good as many 4-cylinder cars. But its a lot more fun than all of them.

• e_dogg

Posted December 27, 2007 - 01:10 PM

Check out the Trick Dual Sport kit. I believe it's sold in the TT store.

Baja Designs also makes DS kits, but I hear that the Trick kits are easier to install and more complete.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.