Braking rotor dilema?

3 replies to this topic
  • tnat1

Posted December 27, 2007 - 08:47 AM

I just picked up some supermotowheels for my 2006 yz450f, the front has the Motomaster flame racing disc, I dont have a caliper relocation bracket which goes for $100, My dilema is should i just get a ebc 280mm for both sets of rims, the dirt rims and the supermoto rims that way i can swap out faster. would i be at a disadvantage with the 280mm compared to the 320mm, im not a pro and i will probobly race like 1 supermoto race a month. or should i just pick up a ebc 320mm rotor and bracket for the dirt wheels and use the bracket for both sets of wheels. will running a 320mm on the dirt be bad.

• BIG HAL

Posted December 27, 2007 - 08:52 AM

Well you already spent the money on the wheels and such whats another 100.00? Just get the bracket.:banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 27, 2007 - 08:57 AM

The 320 is quite a lot of brake in the dirt. You may find it a bit rich. OTOH, the 280 will be noticeably less powerful than the 320 on pavement, but you may get by with it if you mostly race SM for fun, have a good grip, and the brake doesn't fade from heat.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 27, 2007 - 05:10 PM

The 320 is quite a lot of brake in the dirt. You may find it a bit rich. OTOH, the 280 will be noticeably less powerful than the 320 on pavement, but you may get by with it if you mostly race SM for fun, have a good grip, and the brake doesn't fade from heat.

The smallest of ruts will grab a 320mm for sure. Sometimes even a 280mm. Get the bracket:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.