Does anyone work in the medical field???

16 replies to this topic
  • gsrthomas

Posted October 09, 2002 - 06:24 PM

I was just wondering if anyone is a doctor, dentist, pharmacist, etc and own or ride bikes? I don’t think allot of people in the medical profession have time or would be interested in riding. I personally don’t know anyone that does. People in the medical field are really serious about their jobs (which is good) and wont do anything to harm themselves.

I love the sport, next year I will be applying to dentistry school but I don’t think I will ever dislike riding. I will probably need to take a short break while im in grad school but i will be up and riding in no time. I hope my gpa stays up, if not then i will be forced to do Pharmacy or Optometry.

• blue_beast_wins

Posted October 09, 2002 - 10:44 PM

Im not a doctor or anything but for a couple of months i used to check and pack injectables for Faulding Australia if that makes you feel any better.

Let me also add, a job is only there to accommodate your toys wether it be a ferarri? or a yamaha

• Ridin'_MD

Posted October 13, 2002 - 06:45 AM

I'm an ER doctor - I think that there is clearly a risk when you ride, but you only live once. I have disability insurance if it comes to that, but I feel if you ride within your limits, your chance of injury is greatly decreased.

Good luck with school, my wife's a dentist and she loves it. I can't, for the life of me, get her on a bike though!

Remember, just because you made some choices to do a little more school than other people doesn't mean you have to be a nerd or a dork. Whatever you choose to do, it's only a job - get a bike and live life to the fullest.

Later, Bud

• SMD

Posted October 13, 2002 - 09:40 AM

Before I was married I considered myself a amateur gynecologist :)

• YZeezee

Posted October 14, 2002 - 10:51 AM

Got to agree with Ridin MD...I'm not a doc, but one of my riding buddies is. He's an urgent care physician and loves to ride any place, any time (that his wife lets him). The guy is a good rider, and basically just makes sure he's always riding within his limits. Plus I really like riding with him...for some reason I feel a little more secure knowing I've got an MD to help me when I have an unexpected get off! :)

• hodaphile

Posted October 14, 2002 - 11:16 AM

No I don't think they do.

• Wicked_Crash

Posted October 14, 2002 - 12:07 PM

So wait a minute, my optometrist could be a dentistry flunk out? :D I'll never let him give me a glacoma test again! :)

• hodaphile

Posted October 14, 2002 - 04:41 PM

Really make you wonder about the proctologist!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kismetsdad

Posted October 15, 2002 - 05:33 PM

I am a No Cal anesthesiologist. I am on my 6th xr. 4 of my anesthesia buddies ride xr's. An ortho surg in town has a DRZ400. My kids orthodontist just got a exc525. The local oral surgeon rides a DRZ400. Lots of docs ride. They tend to avoid the street though.

• Jekel

Posted October 15, 2002 - 05:35 PM

The wife and I are both RN's. Does that count???? Seriously though, I know a few Dr's who don't ride because of the risk. But also know a few who are envious of riders and plan to get back into it. My wife rides and rips it up :)

• George_Roberts

Posted October 18, 2002 - 08:12 AM

When I pee it burns. My wife told me to stop hanging out at truck stops.

• Bamster

Posted October 18, 2002 - 04:36 PM

My wife is an ER nurse. I bought her a TT 250 a couple of years back and I couldn't even get her to sling a leg over it. But hey she still lets me and the kids ride,, and somtimes when my groin hurts after riding,she rubs it..
Can't get a date,get a nurse

• Jekel

Posted October 18, 2002 - 04:53 PM

My wife has the TTR250 also. Awesome bike. Great to play on and faster in the tight than my WR.

• jimbo11

Posted October 18, 2002 - 05:13 PM

I'm a paramedic/firefighter and I go riding with tons of other paramedics. We don't worry about hurting ourselves; we just ride within our means. It's one of the reasons I became a firefighter; we're only scheduled 10 days a month which leaves 20 other days to ride...or surf, or golf, or go to the river....etc.
-Jimbo. I ride a 2002 KTM 520 EXC - It's awesome!!!

• blue_beast_wins

Posted October 19, 2002 - 12:10 AM

oops i almost forgot, at one stage i was a mechanic for the ambulance service victoria, Melbourne Australia, ha, no mechanics, no emergency service. :D :)

• yzboy

Posted October 19, 2002 - 05:26 AM

George Roberts! Thats to good bro, thats a good one. :D :)

• sabooo

Posted October 19, 2002 - 06:44 AM

Local bike shop had a low hours DRZ400 for sale.. local doctor bought two bikes, one for him and his son. Son fell off and hurt his arm a bit (broken i think) doctor brought both bikes back on monday. (or so the story is told) Your mileage may vary.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.