Oil cooler questions for "L"- sorry!

3 replies to this topic
  • Bibleman

Posted December 26, 2007 - 08:15 AM

I have two new (I think) questions. First of all, I've seen some nice but apparently fairly complex oil cooler set-ups, but I like the simple straightforward idea of just tapping into an existing line. So my first question is: Does anyone know of a link that maps out the oil lines and pumps and direction of oil flow on the "L" so I can come up with a set-up?

Second, is there any chance of installing a cooler in such a way that when the bike is turned off, oil from the cooler can drain out and cause a temporary oil starvation upon startup? If so, could a check valve be installed under the cooler to prevent this?

Oh, lastly, I've heard of one guy using transmission line and hose clamps to install his cooler. What kind of legitimate line options would there be for a good installation? Thanks in advance!

• Denn10

Posted December 26, 2007 - 11:30 AM

I definitely would use quality AN fittings and some good lines like Aeroquip, i have a ton and there awesome. You can buy all this from Summit and jegs for pretty cheap and the Aeroquip line is top notch for durability and longevity. Seen the scotts setup with the XR400 cooler and they never used a check valve so i think your fine in that area. Not exact about which line as used for in/out to cooler but im gonna put one on myself before spring.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Owyhee

Posted December 26, 2007 - 02:57 PM

This link may answer your questions.

• Olyrider2

Posted January 07, 2008 - 07:22 AM

bump, so I can find the link later!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.