650R Clutch install/break in?

5 replies to this topic
  • Thumpmeister

Posted December 25, 2007 - 09:24 PM

The clutch on my piggy is getting tired, and I got a new set of plates and springs for an xmas present...

I was reading on the box that you need to soak the plates in oil a few hours before you intend to install them. Thats fine. The only thing is, is I have been running Mobil 1 synth and would like to continue running Mobil 1 synth. However, when I installed my cam, it said that I had to use conventional oil for the break in.

Question is, is do I HAVE to use the conventional oil for the break-in of the clutch?

• weskc35k

Posted December 25, 2007 - 09:59 PM

Wouldn't think so,just soak 'em and go.

• XR4DEZ

Posted December 25, 2007 - 10:04 PM

No break in on the clutch. Honda synthetic is compatible with their dino oils for easy change over after engine break in.http://www.rockymoun...dFamilyId=19917

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted December 26, 2007 - 11:36 AM

I would use Mobil if i was to replace clutch and i use mobil oil already. Think your fine like said

• martinfan30

Posted December 27, 2007 - 01:24 PM

all good.

• TDC71

Posted December 27, 2007 - 02:29 PM

+1 :banghead:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.