regulator wiring

3 replies to this topic
  • haggeo

Posted December 25, 2007 - 06:37 PM

my e-start has this thing where it works all day then the battery has to be put on a charger or it's dead. the PO had the baja designs e-start put on. today i was poking around looking for a loose wire or some other reason why the battery is not charging and found this.

Posted Image

the blue wire has been cut off for some reason. anybody have any idea why this would be done? and would it prevent charging? the e-start does work fine but not toward the end of the day.

Posted Image

• dylanr

Posted December 25, 2007 - 07:00 PM

get rid of that e-start and start kikkin, i dont even need a battery to run bigger headlight, blinkers, speedo, and taillight, just rewound the stator

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • haggeo

Posted December 25, 2007 - 07:09 PM

yeah, i thought i'd do that after i bought it but i kinda like it now :banghead:

• danny v

Posted December 25, 2007 - 10:39 PM

I have a 98 XR 600 R and i do not use a batt. I have one but it is no good when i bought the bike. BAHA DESIGNS told me that if i don't put the batt. back it will damage my reg. He said my blinkers will start acting up,my headlight and tail light. ????? I have not found that to be a problem yet :busted: That is not to say it won't be later,but i will take that chance.My stator is stock as far as i know but i am going to check the output this week and find out if it is a rewind (that would be cool ) My headlight is very brite but the blinker is on and the pulse can be seen to alternate with the headlight ? Do you have this with your rewind ? This i would like to know, can you post here if your blinker makes tour headlight pulse ? Thanks,as long as we are talking about it :banghead: Is your bike a 650 ? You did not say year and model ?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.