Yzf 426 5th gear slipping ,parts possible to use

1 reply to this topic
  • kubamtx

Posted December 25, 2007 - 11:46 AM

In my yzf 426 2001 the 5 th gear sliped 3 or 4 times . It has sleiped only one dog each time. No rattling noise, only like one missed ignition. I've splited the cases and found out that one gear dogs are in bad condition (5th). Question is if I have to change only the 2 wheels or is there another possibility that another wheel is responsible for 5th gear slipping.
Secound question is: can I use yz 400 tranny part in my yzf 426?
Take a look at this auction, I can buy this for $90. But I'm not sure about gears exchange.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 25, 2007 - 02:16 PM

The dogs on 5th and third are the only ones involved with holding in 5th, although the fork will be bent as well. 'Don't know if the gears will interchange with a 400 or not.

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.