Pogo Shock

10 replies to this topic
  • 2weelz

Posted December 23, 2007 - 10:09 PM

My shock feels like it's all spring and no fluid. Time for a rebuild? What do you suggest? Bike only has 2500 miles but it is 8 yrs old being a 2000 model. Thanks

------------------------------------------
'00 650L

• weskc35k

Posted December 23, 2007 - 10:37 PM

Is it an XR/XL Honda??

• 2weelz

Posted December 23, 2007 - 10:57 PM

650L, sorry.

• Denn10

Posted December 23, 2007 - 11:16 PM

have you ever seen any oil leaking out? But being an 00 model it definitely wouldnt hurt to get it serviced. Youd be surprised how nasty suspension oil can get and it breaks down like any other oil. If you got the money and time DO IT its not gonne be worse only better.

• weskc35k

Posted December 24, 2007 - 02:13 AM

Leave it the way it is,enjoy the ride.
Had a WR495 Yamaha with a shock blow out on a fast wooped out section when i was young.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2weelz

Posted December 24, 2007 - 05:44 AM

Why would I want to leave it alone? It's in need of some kind of servicing. I can't stand the way it rides. Are these servicable? I thought I heard they were not.

• Owyhee

Posted December 24, 2007 - 07:51 AM

The 600/650 shock is fully serviceable. With some simple tools and a rebuild kit you can do it yourself, or take it to a local shop and have them do it for you. Local shops around here charge $75-$100 for a rebuild with parts.

"O"

• FoolishMortal

Posted December 24, 2007 - 12:58 PM

If you don't like the way it rides, pull the shock and send it out for service. You might put on a new spring and get it revalved for your riding style if you're feeling frisky. It's a matter of what you're willing to spend, but suspension needs service just like oil should be changed and spokes should be tightened...

• Brtp4

Posted December 24, 2007 - 08:29 PM

My shock feels like it's all spring and no fluid. Time for a rebuild? What do you suggest? Bike only has 2500 miles but it is 8 yrs old being a 2000 model. Thanks

------------------------------------------
'00 650L

I have a brand new, 0 miles, Works Perf shock that I will be selling in a week or so. It has been on and off the bike 4 times changing springs and getting it to fit right, but I finally have it dialed in. I have three springs with it also.

PM me if interested.

BP

• sbabs

Posted December 26, 2007 - 08:21 AM

Why would I want to leave it alone? It's in need of some kind of servicing. I can't stand the way it rides. Are these servicable? I thought I heard they were not.

You've blown a seal in it is my guess. Yea, that ride sucks, been there, done that. Just pull your shock off and have it serviced. Like someone else said, you may want to revalve it too, but that depends on how your ride, and where you ride.

• 2weelz

Posted December 27, 2007 - 09:15 PM

OK, thanks.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.