07 wr450 Scotts Sub Mount/bars?

4 replies to this topic
  • davekirksey

Posted December 22, 2007 - 04:52 PM

Anybody put a Scotts Stabilizer Sub mount with tall bars(ie Pastrtana fmx high bend) Is their enough cable to do it?

• clark4131

Posted December 22, 2007 - 05:00 PM

There wasn't enough cable to do just the SUB mount on my '05. I'd bet it's the same with yours...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fitzy

Posted December 22, 2007 - 06:10 PM

Run the throtle cable tank side of the bars and you should be right. I have the BRP sub mount, same as scotts, with stock bars and no drama's

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 22, 2007 - 06:48 PM

I also have the sub mount BRP/Scotts with stock bars and have no issues BUT I just bought a set of woods Hi bend and was wondering the same thing.

My buddy just mounted up a BRP submount set on his 07' YZ and he has the Pastrana / ATV Race bar and he did not have to do anything with his cables:thumbsup:

• SXP

Posted December 22, 2007 - 11:12 PM

There wasn't enough cable to do just the SUB mount on my '05. I'd bet it's the same with yours...SC

I had to move the perch about half an inch to the right. Otherwise no issues with the stock bar and cable. I doubt the stock cable will work with the Pastrana MX bar though as the sub mount raises the bar 1" and then the Pastrana bar some more.

More here: http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=494813

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.