SE Florida mechanic

2 replies to this topic
  • sundance

Posted October 08, 2002 - 11:26 PM

I live in W Palm Beach FL. I'm looking for a true thumper mechanic to work on my sick carb. Yamaha would be best in case I can exchange the carb. <font color="black">

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted October 09, 2002 - 07:13 AM

What seems to be the problem?

Bonzai :)

• sundance

Posted October 09, 2002 - 10:06 AM

I did the usual mods. The bike ran great for a half year. All of a sudden it started popping & sputtering 1/8 - 1/4 throttle. Easiest felt at the top of third gear held steady. I cleaned the carb twice. Changed clips & needles. I'm presently using a drt (leaner x 2)second clip. Nothing makes it any better. Which makes me suspicious that it's not the carb. I've cked the entire electrical system & it comes up ok. But who knows what it's doing when I'm running.
I took it to Yamaha. Since it's not entirely stock. They blame that & have now turned Yamaha HQ against me (bike not stock etc). I asked thier main 4 stroke guy if he has worked on the YZ or WR? Nope. So I'm looking for somebody that is smarter then I am.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.