07 WR 450 Mid Range Stutter GONE!

4 replies to this topic
  • Humunn

Posted December 22, 2007 - 07:54 AM

If you are having this problem like I did you can either spend lots of time trying out different jetting combinations based on other rider's recommendations and/or disconnecting the TPS. If you've got time and patience and don't mind the "hunt and peck" approach then good luck. Maybe you'll be one of the ones that get that right set up by chance.

That wasn't me. I tried the above but found out I have neither time or patience and that I am somewhat anal retentive and wanted it to work right. I continued to have a mid range stutter that I could ignore for only so long.

I took the bike to Sage's Speed Shop in Bend, OR where they tested and jetted the bike based on what the DYNO said. No guessing. No subjective information.

The bike now pulls cleanly and efficiently through all the gears. It has more power and best of all NO stutter. And I did not disconnect the TPS.

This cost me about $175 and was the best money I've spent.

Greg

• jpoehls

Posted December 22, 2007 - 10:29 AM

Good call Greg. I had Yamaha do mine at 20 hrs and it was a minimal extra for jet and dyno as you stated. Someday we will have fuel injection...until then.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted December 22, 2007 - 06:48 PM

I did a little search to find my local shop that has a dynojet . Do you guys think a harley shop can tune a 07 wr450 right?

• Humunn

Posted December 25, 2007 - 01:00 PM

I did a little search to find my local shop that has a dynojet . Do you guys think a harley shop can tune a 07 wr450 right?

They should be able to. The process is the same for either bike but you might walk out of there with a bunch of nasty tattoos and a skull laden skull cap!

• tweav

Posted December 25, 2007 - 03:44 PM

I aready have long hair and look like a harley rider . I'm just not really into their overpriced crusers. I like a bike that tries to run out from under me when I twist the throttle. I wonder if they would just tell me what jets it needs, because I think my jet kit may not have the one I need.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.