Alright, ignore my previous post. I'm getting back on this thing with a renewed interest. I can't believe it's been nearly 7 years since I started this cluster!!!! lol.
Okay, so I've decided to go all XR650L on the engine. That will for sure cure the starting issue. I have the stock head that came with the bottom end that I'm using but had to purchase a cylinder as I used the original cylinder for another build. The original rocker cover was broken so I purchased one of those a well. I have two cams to choose from--an HRC 628 copy or a Megacycle 148X9--both of which still have the auto-decomp attatched. So, with the starting issue dealt with, I'm much more excited to get this thing moving forward.
To you guys who have been with me from the start--if there are any of you left --I apologize for dragging this thing out for so long and I WILL finish this project.
Although I have a few other bikes I'm working on as well, this one will take priority.
Since everyone likes pics, here's one of the head and the other ebay parts and two of my three helpers. Hopefully I'll have more productive photos soon.