06-08 YZF Seat on an 07-08 WR?

5 replies to this topic
  • Looks450

Posted December 22, 2007 - 02:09 AM

Is there anyone out there that can check if an alloy frame YZF seat will fit on a alloy frame WRF.

I wanted a SDG tall seat for my bike, but only YZ ones are available.

I am sure that it wont be a perfect fit, but if it will fit please let me know.

Thanks

Looks

• nitro circus

Posted December 22, 2007 - 02:54 AM

i just got a seat foam from Guts it's great
http://www.gutsracin...atfoampg04.html

got to OZ in about 7 days, i got the medium it is as hard as the stocker

and i think Ballard's has them maybe give them a ring

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 22, 2007 - 09:49 AM

I'm not 100% certain but I am pretty sure the YZ seat pan will not work with the WR... I believe the battery is the main reason.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted December 22, 2007 - 11:55 AM

I'm not 100% certain but I am pretty sure the YZ seat pan will not work with the WR... I believe the battery is the main reason.

You are absolutely right. The seats are NOT interchangeable. I've tried....

• Looks450

Posted December 22, 2007 - 05:30 PM

Sweet thanks for your help.

Nitro, Ballards does get the SDG seats in, but no WR Variant.

Looks like it a Guts.

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 22, 2007 - 06:53 PM

Sweet thanks for your help.

Nitro, Ballards does get the SDG seats in, but no WR Variant.

Looks like it a Guts.

GUTS is a good product - I suggest the "competition" cover vs. the "hardcore gripper" though. My hardcore gripper cover started tearing pretty quick. I'd also suggest the tall / medium density foam. The soft foam is too soft... the tall foam will give you a nice flat seat:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.