Painting engine

5 replies to this topic
  • sluggo lalanne

Posted December 21, 2007 - 06:55 PM

Just removed some engine case covers on my YZ450F to bead blast and repaint. Do I need to put any primer on or just use the Yamaha case paint. Want to do it right so it doesn't rub off easily. Thanks. SLuggo

• BC3

Posted December 22, 2007 - 03:05 PM

Make sure you clean them with lacquer thinner after blasting (silicone beads)
so the paint sticks....

• yamaha racing 230

Posted December 23, 2007 - 01:26 PM

i tried that yamaha panit on my 400 cause it was looking a little worn out well i sanded it and cleaned it primied it then painted it and it worn down realy quick and dont let gas hit it or all that hard work will go down the drain

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • USED YZ426F

Posted December 23, 2007 - 02:49 PM

Have you thought about getting them powder coated?

• BC3

Posted December 23, 2007 - 06:03 PM

I never use primer....and dry part with space heater about three feet away...
Use satin finish Yamaha case paint.....gas won't touch it after it dries.....

• gbalias

Posted December 29, 2007 - 05:55 PM

you can use an epoxy paint. cures super hard, but takes a long time for it to be ready.

its pretty much the strongest 'end user' paint available

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.