what kinds of jobs do we all have

202 replies to this topic
  • dgrimmy

Posted April 05, 2002 - 07:35 AM

Currently work as a Channel Sales guy for a streaming media company, I can't believe it's been 4 years, but in 2 months officially put a shingle on my door when I open a mobile advertising company I've named Driving Revenues, www.drivingrevenues.com, first time business owner so we'll see how it goes.

• mike_dean

Posted April 05, 2002 - 08:46 AM

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury mechanic for the last 30 yrs. Mike

• Idahoan

Posted April 05, 2002 - 09:15 AM

I'm currently a student a Univ. of Idaho. Right now my concerns are planning tomorrow's keg/BBQ and what time do I want to hit the bar tonight. You gotta love college. Next fall I will graduate with my BS in Secondary Ed. Eagle 426, I tip my hat to ya. There is no amount of money you could give me to teach where you are at. I prefer the small towns and schools.

• Le_Racer

Posted April 05, 2002 - 09:27 AM

Salut!

I'm a baby sitter in the transportation industrie...well officially traffic manager but I have to run the show here: dispatch drivers, deal with customers, make rates and all, take care of TWO secretary!
I also distribute Pro Racing Fuels here in Quebec.

• blue_warrior

Posted April 05, 2002 - 09:27 AM

I am the Director of Information Services at the Appalachian School of Law www.asl.edu. I handle all computer, network, printer, copier, fax machine, telephone, and the A/V equipment. In my spare time I am part owner in a local ISP www.swvaol.com.

• xrracer36

Posted April 05, 2002 - 09:29 AM

college student (SRU)
product supply engineer (aka stockboy at local supermarket... just over 2 yrs.)
girlfriend....
dirt bike....
no, make that dirt bike, then girlfriend... :) :D

cannondale job sounds interesting....

• lewichris

Posted April 05, 2002 - 10:05 PM

Originally posted by xrracer36:
college student (SRU)
product supply engineer (aka stockboy at local supermarket... just over 2 yrs.)
girlfriend....
dirt bike....
no, make that dirt bike, then girlfriend... :) :D

cannondale job sounds interesting....

and when you get married if it dosend go
wife......
bike......
It will be
no bike........
no sex.........
no wife........
then youl have to go bake to
girlfriend.......

• lewichris

Posted April 05, 2002 - 10:09 PM

hey idahoan AKA tyrel. banffboy and them are going back to lake kokanooska the 12-13. Are you gonna go?

• Tim_in_WA

Posted April 05, 2002 - 10:09 PM

Man, I know if I tell, I'm gonna get flamed by some of you guys (right finglan? :D )........but since we're all good friends here, what the hell!!!

WR rider by day.......Deputy Sheriff by night

Easy on me guys, I only chase the really bad guys, and I cut a lot of slack to dirtbike riders!!! :) :D :D

• endurodog

Posted April 05, 2002 - 10:12 PM

I'm a city cop and more specfic, I'm in the K9 unit and the head trainer for our K9 unit. My partners name is Bod.

[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: endurodog ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted April 05, 2002 - 10:25 PM

Medical Ultrasound Sales Rep. I know more about stuff I never wanted to know about. Work to ride, Ride to work. right,........ooohh I forgot riding a dirt bike to work in a suit might look kinda funny.

• SFO

Posted April 05, 2002 - 10:57 PM

Manual machinist and I manage a cnc machine shop with 3 haas vertical mills and 2 haas lathes.
Solidworks for modeling, mastercam for post processing.
I am starting my own cylinder head shop on the side after seeing the junk repairs people charge good money for.
30,000 yz-f's and wr's are going to need head work sooner or later.
I also used to manage Kibblewhite precision machine, home of the black diamond valve, so I got to see how to do it right.

• mcarp

Posted April 05, 2002 - 11:48 AM

I'm a Sales Engineer focusing on VPN technology at major datacomm co. I'm the technical sales guy that gets to explain/answer all the geekie questions as to how our products work.

My former life was a network adminstrator/computer goto guy and mortgage brokering/data analysis before that.
RWOWC, look me up man. I'm in Delaware county, let's go riding.

• Woods_Rider

Posted April 05, 2002 - 12:45 PM

I'm a tech writer for AT&T Wireless. Can you say BORING! Pays not bad though. I used to work for software companies as a tech writer (boring but not as bureucratic as here). Before that I was a tech trainer/instructional designer(CRM, MS SQL Server). Thought I would try tech writing for a change. What a mistake! Now I'm pigeon holed as a tech writer. :)

Recently saw the movie "Office Space", got sick every time I showed up for work for a week. Great movie though! "Where's my stapler?"

In another life years ago I was in sales. I am thinking about getting back into it, maybe try to find a job with a motorcycle company. Not to many of those jobs out there if you don't want to work at a dealer.

Interesting to hear what everyone is doing.

Ed
NoGotMeAwrYet, WA

• armourbl

Posted April 05, 2002 - 12:52 PM

I'm a computer tech for the City of Phoenix.

ben

• wrsm

Posted April 05, 2002 - 12:55 PM

I create environments that encourage bio-diversity of plant and wildlife. I also develop public recreation and agricultural landscapes.

An early phase of these types of terrain change involves extracting mineral resources.....

OK, OK, I am in quarry management!

Electrical Engineer by qualification, but I love the outdoors.

And, NO you cannot practice in my quarries!!

Kevin

• terryhotshoe

Posted April 05, 2002 - 02:18 PM

I am an antique dealer in sunny so ca.I think I have the best job!No 8 to 5!!! I buy and sell everything from vintage motorcycles to rare oil paintings and general antiques.Last year I sold a tv show munster plastic squirt gun for 10000.00 Bought a brand new bike with half the money.I try to ride at least 10 days out of the month or go surfing across the street from where I live!Used to be a quality control superviser for aero space when I was young and dumb!!!!!!!! :) :D :D

• DR.Zaius

Posted April 05, 2002 - 02:34 PM

Currently, I am a master of the coffee making industry (aka DUNKIN DONUTS). Also work w/ dad sometimes as electricians apprentice. Lotsa fun, enough $$$ :)

• desertfoxx

Posted April 05, 2002 - 02:48 PM

I'm a commercial aircraft technician for 22 years. Currently working for FEDEX. My wife and I also run a commercial horse boarding and training facility.

• JOSHUAZ2

Posted April 05, 2002 - 04:10 PM

industrial electrician and instrumentation. before that 16 years navy fire control (electronics that control and fire weapons)CIWS, MK86 and AEGIS. i also did the recruiting thing. left the navy for 65 a year and a real life. have NEVER regreted it! nhkevin do you still glow? :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.