08 Yz478 Pics

29 replies to this topic
  • jeffboyd47m

Posted December 19, 2007 - 10:38 PM

I just thought I would share some pics of my new bike. I actually bought a white model and turned it into this.

http://i199.photobuc...7m/100_3515.jpg
http://i199.photobuc.../100_3517-1.jpg
http://i199.photobuc...7m/100_3516.jpg
http://i199.photobuc...7m/100_3514.jpg
http://i199.photobuc...7m/100_3517.jpg

I installed a bigbore kit, HotCams, ZipTy carb mod, DRD carbon stainless pipe, Lowered the radiators, Enzo suspension with subtanks, SDG tall seat, KX high bend bars, lowered the foot pegs with Sunline Pro Stainless pegs, GYTR levers, Hinson clutch, TM chain guide, X-ring chain and Spider Grips.
This bike runs incredible with unbelievable throttle response. I can hardley wait for spring. I also have a Rekluse Pro that I am going to install.

• cowboyona426

Posted December 19, 2007 - 10:41 PM

Nice looking scoot. Next time you get bored, come wrench on mine! :banghead:

• rmzRacer293

Posted December 20, 2007 - 05:37 AM

damn thats a sweet bike. lot of money right there.

• matts06yzf

Posted December 20, 2007 - 06:11 AM

I like it good job :banghead:

• MotoXT

Posted December 20, 2007 - 06:27 AM

Amazing ride:applause: One question - what radiator lowering kit are you using? If Dr. D (and I don't know of any others), did you need a special head pipe? I know that this was necessary for the '06-'07 YZ450's. Thanks.

• Drfletcherdc

Posted December 20, 2007 - 06:39 AM

I've never been that excited before unless I was looking at a chic.

• jeffboyd47m

Posted December 20, 2007 - 07:15 AM

One question - what radiator lowering kit are you using? If Dr. D (and I don't know of any others), did you need a special head pipe?

I am using the DRD lowering kit with the low boy head pipe.
As far as cost goes, I have been buying the parts one at a time for about 6 months and stock piling them. E-bay has some great deals if you really watch it every day. I am into the motor (with the carb mod) for less than 800.00. As far as DRD and Enzo, I have a Pro support ride and get 50% off of everything. Rocky Mountain ATV/MC gives me chains, sprockets and brake pads. Also I got the graphics kit with a seat cover from e-bay for 49.00 plus 11.00 shipping.
I only use the carbon exhaust for MX racing, and I have to repack it about every 4hrs ride time. The rest of the time I run the aluminum can with a spark arrestor.

• Ga426owner

Posted December 20, 2007 - 07:16 AM

Congrats, now you know what it feels like to have enough money in a bike to buy at least 2 completely new bikes......welcome to the club, I am member #129876.:banghead:

Bike looks sweet - I am sure you are enjoying all that power and then some:p

Curious on how much more vibration it has now??

• jeffboyd47m

Posted December 20, 2007 - 07:44 AM

Curious on how much more vibration it has now??

Well since I built the motor before I had even started the new bike, the only thing to compare it to would be my 07. Compared to that bike it definitely has more of a vibe or thump to it. I have not noticed anything more than that.
I really need to take it for a good play ride. The only time I have spent on the bike was at a 2 night indoor arenacross type race. Winter sucks.

• Ga426owner

Posted December 20, 2007 - 07:53 AM

Well since I built the motor before I had even started the new bike, the only thing to compare it to would be my 07. Compared to that bike it definitely has more of a vibe or thump to it. I have not noticed anything more than that.
I really need to take it for a good play ride. The only time I have spent on the bike was at a 2 night indoor arenacross type race. Winter sucks.

curious how the 06-08 counter balancer affects this with a bigbore kit. It has to vibrate less than my 03 BB. :banghead:
I may be doing this same thing to my 06......
What Bigbore kit did you add?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jeffboyd47m

Posted December 20, 2007 - 08:13 AM

What Bigbore kit did you add?

Athena, Bought it for 589.00 + shipping on e-bay.

• rickallen124

Posted December 20, 2007 - 01:40 PM

Where was the indoor ax at Jeff? That bike looks sweet!

• jeffboyd47m

Posted December 20, 2007 - 05:25 PM

Where was the indoor ax at Jeff? That bike looks sweet!

It was held in Heber City. They call it the Utah Wintercross Series.

http://www.utahwintercross.com

• BMW doc

Posted December 20, 2007 - 05:31 PM

Looks great. :banghead:

• smithjeb

Posted December 20, 2007 - 09:30 PM

sick bike

• B-LAGO

Posted December 21, 2007 - 09:44 AM

how was the arenacross. I was going to go, but had other things come up, but plan on going to the races on january. Is it worth the trip?

• Wyatt

Posted December 21, 2007 - 12:18 PM

Looks really good. I hate bikes with gaudy colors. Your bike looks very clean looking.

Remove the tall seat and I will ride it for you down here where it is warm. I promise to return it in the summer.

• jeffboyd47m

Posted December 22, 2007 - 09:07 AM

how was the arenacross. I was going to go, but had other things come up, but plan on going to the races on january. Is it worth the trip?

Anytime that you can ride in the winter, it is worth the trip. Friday night was not very organized and there was over 500 entries. Saturday they had regrouped and things were ran pretty smoothly. The one thing that was bad was the noise. I would bring ear plugs.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted December 22, 2007 - 02:46 PM

im thinking about doing this later this year cuz im really just use my 450 for ice and i want to try flattrack but how does the motor hold up compaird to a stock motor with the valve train and stuff like that...

thanks

• Yamaha4lyfe

Posted December 22, 2007 - 09:55 PM

whats the point of a big bore??? not to be a dick or anything but you probably cannot ride the 450 to its full potential... yeah yeah i know we already discussed about a bikes "POTENTIAL" but still? just a thought i had. :banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.