DR.D TI/TI Pipe Alignment '08 YZ450F

69 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted January 10, 2008 - 09:28 PM

hey there grey take a chill pill bud,

:banghead: A little touchy for it being so early in the afternoon. I said, "I could be wrong". The last Aussie YZ I saw a picture of had a Euro exhaust, and they aren't getting the shorty this year according to some photos that have been posted here. Guessing the same would be true this year did pan out for me.

The political issue you brought up is an unforgivable snafu, but it's your organizer's fault, not Yamaha. New stuff comes out all the time. Sanctioning bodies should be ready to deal with it ahead of time. Besides, in that situation, you're more or less forced to replace yours. Our circumstances are different. The pipe's totally legal, it's short, it's light, and it's quiet. Everybody ought to want it. But it costs too much power to keep.

The problem is that it didn't have to be like that. There are better ways to build mufflers than that, and I don't believe that Yamaha doesn't know it.

• ktmburty22

Posted January 10, 2008 - 09:56 PM

its all good bud,the pipes in the box, its been replaced and im as happy as a pig in "it."

• Ga426owner

Posted January 11, 2008 - 06:20 AM

its all good bud,the pipes in the box, its been replaced and im as happy as a pig in "it."

ahhhhh it is great when we are all happy again......:busted:
here is another vote that Yami blew it with the shorty restrictive exhaust......:banghead:

• Wes Woodin

Posted January 11, 2008 - 06:31 AM

ahhhhh it is great when we are all happy again......:ride:
here is another vote that Yami blew it with the shorty restrictive exhaust......:banghead:

And another vote.:busted:

• Wes Woodin

Posted January 12, 2008 - 03:35 PM

Well my buddy got back in on the 8th of JAN from his cruise. He was the one who bought the Dr.D pipe when I did. I went down to his dealership and the pipe was still in the box. I told him I wanted to look at it, and sure enough It lined up like the first one I had. Looks like we are going to have to send back our third pipe to Dr.D. Terry Beal did tell me that there were about 15 that were all made the same way. Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop. Recap: My buddies pipe doesn't fit.:banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nap__kxf

Posted January 12, 2008 - 04:04 PM

i know i'm late, but after looking at those pictures it looks like on the dr.d the bracket on the can needs to be rotated 180 degrees, probably just some mishap by one of the builders when he/she was tired at the end of their shift.

• grayracer513

Posted January 12, 2008 - 05:07 PM

i know i'm late, but after looking at those pictures it looks like on the dr.d the bracket on the can needs to be rotated 180 degrees, probably just some mishap by one of the builders when he/she was tired at the end of their shift.

No, the low side of the can hanger goes to the inside, just like it is there. That's how mine are. The issue is simply that the hole in the top hanger, and the bore of the mid pipe bolt are out of square with each other.

• Wes Woodin

Posted January 12, 2008 - 09:30 PM

No, the low side of the can hanger goes to the inside, just like it is there. That's how mine are. The issue is simply that the hole in the top hanger, and the bore of the mid pipe bolt are out of square with each other.

Dude you haven't been wrong yet! This is true.

• nap__kxf

Posted January 14, 2008 - 06:03 AM

oh, it almost looked like it just needed to be switched, but its welded on anyways so it'd be alot of work to fix.

• grayracer513

Posted January 14, 2008 - 07:23 AM

The can hanger is only welded in place on the aluminum can models. If you look again at the picture of Wes's Ti can, you'll see the hanger is riveted. To weld the hanger on a Ti can, the hanger itself would need to be titanium ($$), and of course, the carbon can would be a whole different story.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.