Quick ratio throttle

13 replies to this topic
  • Frank ZX

Posted December 19, 2007 - 04:25 PM

My throttle seems to twist all the way around the bar.I'm exaggrating,but it does turn a long ways. I was wondering if anybody is using a 1/4 or 1/2 turn throttle on their XRL?Any pics?

• Coolidge

Posted December 19, 2007 - 04:36 PM

I 'think' "Thumper Racing" has them?, or at least, used to have them

• Denn10

Posted December 19, 2007 - 09:22 PM

might be worth a shot would prolly take some getting used to. Ive never used one and dont think i would ever try one as i dont have any problems getting er WFO.

• Old Dog

Posted December 19, 2007 - 09:36 PM

I've got a quick ratio throttle assembly from Motion Pro on my L. I put it on when I installed my Edelbrock Pumper. IMHO it makes a nice improvement in throttle response when coupled to the Eddy. Wheelies are almost unavoidable now when I crack the throttle. I pretty much have to lean my big fat ass forward or the wheel comes up every time. :banghead:

• Frank ZX

Posted December 20, 2007 - 03:16 AM

might be worth a shot would prolly take some getting used to. Ive never used one and dont think i would ever try one as i dont have any problems getting er WFO.

I got a couple screws in my right wrist,thats keeps my wrist from moving as far as it use to.

• martinfan30

Posted December 20, 2007 - 11:53 AM

how bout an atv thumb throttle?:banghead:

• Frank ZX

Posted December 20, 2007 - 04:12 PM

how bout an atv thumb throttle?:banghead:

Well,I'm not that immobile.lol:bonk: Maybe I should try and take all the slack from the cable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jesusgatos

Posted December 20, 2007 - 06:31 PM

Search this forum. There was a thread about this a while ago and there were a few good links in there.

• dmvmechanics

Posted December 21, 2007 - 10:23 PM

how much is that motion pro, and will it work on the R

• Frank ZX

Posted December 22, 2007 - 03:12 AM

how much is that motion pro, and will it work on the R

I think it's around $30.00,and I also think it's for a single throttle cable and aftermarket carb.Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.Are you still running the stock CV carb?

• Old Dog

Posted December 22, 2007 - 12:43 PM

I think it's around $30.00,and I also think it's for a single throttle cable and aftermarket carb.Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.Are you still running the stock CV carb?

The one that I got for my L is a Straight Push-Pull Throttle and the price was $19.90. You can find it under the "Controls" section of the Motion Pro web site. I also ordered a set of cables with mine, I'm pretty sure stock cables won't work with it as it's a totally different setup than the stock POS on the L.

• Coolidge

Posted December 22, 2007 - 04:21 PM

Did the Motion Pro help much?

• Old Dog

Posted December 22, 2007 - 05:34 PM

Did the Motion Pro help much?

Yes. :banghead:

Coupled to the Edelbrock Pumper it made the world of difference. However, I don't know if a stock carb could handle the quicker idle to WOT progression without bogging or flooding. :busted:

• dmvmechanics

Posted December 22, 2007 - 09:25 PM

i have a flatslide pumper on mine, it does still have the push pull throttle cables

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.