odometer cable

4 replies to this topic
  • DANSOCAL

Posted October 08, 2002 - 12:47 PM

I took the odometer off my bike and am not sure how to plug the hole to keep dirt and mud out?

• Talonboy

Posted October 08, 2002 - 01:09 PM

I found a rubber plug laying around the garage, slipped it over the nipple where the cable normally screwed in. I safety wired it to make sure it wouldn't fall off. It has been on there two years.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted October 09, 2002 - 07:55 AM

Better yet, remove the ODO unit and replace it with a YZ front spacer. Take just a minute and protects the unit in case you want to ever put it back on.

Just a thought

Bonzai :)

• Bill

Posted October 09, 2002 - 01:51 PM

Kaze has it right but, if you go that route, don't forget the YZ seal.

Bill

• Chaindrive

Posted October 09, 2002 - 03:28 PM

Check out Zip-Ty racing, they make a little doo-dad just for that. Could not ask for a higher quality proprietor either. Lots of other goodies, too...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.