L vs R

8 replies to this topic
  • stevilkanevil

Posted December 19, 2007 - 12:56 PM

to all you R lovers out there. I was lead to believe that I could not reg. 650 r after 1998 in Calafornia. Is this true?

• martinfan30

Posted December 19, 2007 - 12:57 PM

unless it was already registered.

• stevilkanevil

Posted December 19, 2007 - 01:04 PM

thanks, was feeling like i bought the wrong machine.

• knuklehead

Posted December 19, 2007 - 01:25 PM

Bought my R in 01 plated from berkley honda,buddy bought a used R two years ago and got it plated,there are ways to do it I'm told.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted December 19, 2007 - 01:46 PM

if you have issues you can do a special construction title. just like all the custom chopper guys do.:banghead:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 19, 2007 - 02:32 PM

Feb 2002 was the cut off date for 'dual registration' (Green sticker bike with a plate) in Cal.
If you can get a peace officer to ok the EPA as on-road, and get a lighting inspection after your DS kit is installed, you can get it plated. It may not stick, but it seems as though a large percentage have, and do stay plated.

• Denn10

Posted December 19, 2007 - 02:34 PM

with the regs of today in CA i wouldnt plan on trying to get one plated that i wanted forever cuz its possible that down the road even next registration that they may revoke the tags. If i had the bike and just wanted to try i would but i wouldnt buy one in hopes of having that my only street legal.

• stevilkanevil

Posted December 20, 2007 - 03:39 AM

thanks, had to have street legal so 07 650l was right choice for me.A little tall but not a problem if you dont stop.ha ha

• martinfan30

Posted December 20, 2007 - 10:08 AM

:banghead: you already get it? if so, welcome to the family.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.