Takes a licking...

4 replies to this topic
  • Dougie

Posted October 08, 2002 - 11:57 AM

Just an observation while I skirt my duties at work.

Are you as amazed as I am sometimes at the abuse these bikes take? Everytime I ride 50 miles balls to the wall, throw the bike is a crash or neglect to maintain it properly, I can't help but bow down to the manufacturers. I wish I can get my vehicles to be a fraction as reliable as dirtbikes are.

• blue_beast_wins

Posted October 08, 2002 - 12:50 PM

I too beleive these bikes are bullet proof, maybe even nuke proof, when i look at my mates Husaberg 501 that twice now has had to turn back at the start of a ride with engine failure, makes me realize just how tough these things are, he dosent even give it a hiding, even big crashes causing dislocated shoulders and things, havent even bent the handle bars. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • banffboy

Posted October 08, 2002 - 01:27 PM

Just amazing isn't!! I've beat mine like a rented mule and it just keeps getting better. Change the oil/clean the air filter and just go riding. :)

• YZeezee

Posted October 09, 2002 - 06:37 AM

Note to self...
Never buy a used bike from a guy named Dougie... :)

• YAMAKAZE

Posted October 09, 2002 - 07:05 AM

Ditto....

Bonzai :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.