Best step seat!

8 replies to this topic
  • Wes Woodin

Posted December 18, 2007 - 06:56 PM

Whats the best step seat on the market.

• John407

Posted December 18, 2007 - 07:50 PM

I'm really happy with the guts step seat kit. The kit is just the raised back part and a new gripper seat cover. It allows you to place the step where you want. It was one of the best mods I've made. My arms last a lot longer now, cause the seat is holding me forward.

• Justin89

Posted December 18, 2007 - 08:10 PM

I would stay away from SDG seats...I have read nothing but bad things about them. I read that they are very hard to bolt up because they don't sit right and I heard that they use a really hard foam. Maybe someone else could say other wise but I would buy the GUTS step seat kit or maybe try those new FX Gripper Seat covers with the "bump" made into it. Good luck!:banghead:

• PatrickM

Posted December 18, 2007 - 08:55 PM

I have a regular SDG Seat. its really hard. My butt hurts after riding for a couple of hours.

I would not buy an SDG seat (my bike came with one).

Patrick M.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rickallen124

Posted December 18, 2007 - 10:05 PM

Check out www.factoryeffex.com they have a new gripper seat cover with a step piece of foam to go with it.

• Ga426owner

Posted December 19, 2007 - 08:25 AM

Yes the past SDG seats for 03-05 were hard and fit was questionable.....:banghead:
I have a tall Reg SDG seat on my 06 and it is just the right softness...not too soft and the fit is fine......
I do not however have a step seat and - have not enjoyed riding a step seat either....I am old school.
Wes the best stepseat IMO would be a seat cut by you for you and moulded to your body shape. This is what the Pros do. Otherwise try one of the Gutz or SDG to see if they work for you.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 19, 2007 - 05:11 PM

Yes the past SDG seats for 03-05 were hard and fit was questionable.....:banghead:
I have a tall Reg SDG seat on my 06 and it is just the right softness...not too soft and the fit is fine......
I do not however have a step seat and - have not enjoyed riding a step seat either....I am old school.
Wes the best stepseat IMO would be a seat cut by you for you and moulded to your body shape. This is what the Pros do. Otherwise try one of the Gutz or SDG to see if they work for you.

Thanks Guys! I will not buy the SDG.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 21, 2007 - 06:21 PM

Placed my order for the GUTS step kit and seat cover. I will post pics when I get it installed. http://www.gutsracin...tepseatbuy.html

• Wes Woodin

Posted January 03, 2008 - 06:36 PM

Got the guts seat today, and it look great. Best of all I can use the comfortable stock cushion in conjunction with the new step. Great cover too. :banghead: :busted: :D :D :D :D

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.