what year did the yz450f frame go aluminum?

29 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted December 19, 2007 - 09:48 AM

thanks for the link greyracer 513 and how can ya tell its a 250?

The ignition cover, the angle of the cylinder, and the size of the cylinder head and clutch cover viewed from the right. Also, the '06 450 head doesn't have the cast in boss for the old decomp shaft anymore.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted December 19, 2007 - 11:12 AM

For openers, the year is obviously wrong. That's an '06+.

But the big thing is that it's a YZ250F :banghead:

http://wilmington.cr.../512672989.html

yea your right its a 250f lol. the way i can tell is look at the header it dont come down as much as my stock 450 pipe.

i dont no if i would buy this bike, to me it seems like its stolen just for the fact that the guy listed the wrong year wrong model and he only wants like 2000 for it. i just get a bad feeling about it:excuseme:

• ThumperKid250F

Posted December 19, 2007 - 11:15 AM

or there could be something wrong with the bike that he isent telling anybody for selling it that cheap also.

• bigmike12

Posted December 19, 2007 - 11:40 AM

it was 06 the new frame came out, like we all said befor. i would no cuz i have one..

right on good for you :banghead: :busted: :D

• KJ790

Posted December 19, 2007 - 02:52 PM

The waterpump is also a dead give away that it is a 250F. The 450 waterpump is much different.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trailxrider

Posted December 19, 2007 - 05:25 PM

ya its a 250f fo sho

• RickB420

Posted December 20, 2007 - 11:16 AM

I saw ads like this on craigslist, it is a scam, i didnt know either but I saw the same ad showing a06 in pictures but said it was a 03 or 04. It was priced to good to be true and it was. I tried to make contact but no email address or phone # was shown and recieve no reply from seller. I did get a note from another guy telling me about this scam. and I have seen other bike scams that i now recognize. be carefull.

• bluedawg

Posted December 21, 2007 - 10:04 AM

I saw ads like this on craigslist, it is a scam, i didnt know either but I saw the same ad showing a06 in pictures but said it was a 03 or 04. It was priced to good to be true and it was. I tried to make contact but no email address or phone # was shown and recieve no reply from seller. I did get a note from another guy telling me about this scam. and I have seen other bike scams that i now recognize. be carefull.

had a guy email me about a bike i had 4 sale on craigs list and said he regretted not being able to come see the bike but i seemed like a honest person and he would buy it on my word and he would be sending his mover to pick up the bike and he would have a cashiers check for 300 more than i wanted for the bike to pay the mover and for me to give his mover the bike...the title...300 cash out of my pocket for the check amount difference:crazy: i replied back to send his mover on over and a detective will be here to help out with the transaction and never heard back from him again:p

• grayracer513

Posted December 21, 2007 - 11:53 AM

Next one of those I get, I'll invite him to come pick up the bike and not tell him a detective will be there.

• Kent Rathgeber

Posted December 21, 2007 - 06:00 PM

Next one of those I get, I'll invite him to come pick up the bike and not tell him a detective will be there.

Yeah!!!!!:banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.