what year did the yz450f frame go aluminum?

i did a search and couldnt find this info....what year did the yz450f go to the aluminum frame?

the reason i ask is i just seen an ad for a 2004 yz450f and the photo looks like the frame is aluminum and the guy has a real...real... cheap price on it:crazy:

Are you sure it is an aluminum frame? It could be a steel frame painted silver, in which case it would have a different shape than the aluminum frame ones. Also, he could have possibly retrofitted hisold bike into a new aluminum frame. He also may not know what he is doing.

Are you sure it is an aluminum frame?

yeah....im 99% sure it is aluminum....i own an 2004 yz250f and the photo of his bike has the wide flat aluminum frame and he says its a 2004 and in great shape and he is almost given it away.....he has no phone number listed....but ive emailed him and gotten no response yet...may be a fake....but the photo and ad write up looks to be for real:crazy: :banghead: thanks for yalls help and ill keep you posted if i hear something from him:thumbsup:

Wet sump kit http://www.dubachracing.com/

It is highly unlikely that he retrofitted everything into anew frame, but it is possible with some work and a little fabricating. I've heard of guys doing it with 250F's, but I don't know of anyone that has bothered with a 450.

"How to run your 450 on a half liter of oil - while it lasts" :banghead:

250F's are a lot easier, because that engine's oiling system wasn't modified (except for the sight glass), and an external tank is part of the setup.

One thing for sure, if it seems to good to be true, it mostly likely is.

Look at the VIN number of the frame; the tenth character will be the year model (4=2004, 6=2006, etc.).

Clues:

> The Gen 1 YZ450 ('03-'05) have 2 external oil lines, one on each side (if it was wet sumped, these would not be there), the cylinder angles slightly forward, and the clutch cable anchors to the engine with a steel bracket that bolts to the crankcase. It also has a steel external oil manifold on the right side that runs from over the oil filter cover to the trans and top end.

> Gen 2 YZ450's ('06-'08) have a black plastic dip stick in front of the cylinder on the left side, and a drain plug under the ignition cover directly below the dip stick. The cylinder is nearly vertical, and the clutch cable anchors to a cast aluminum bracket that bolts to the cylinder instead of the crankcase. It has no external steel oil line running to the top end.

post a pic of the bike and some close ups of the motor

the guy never emailed me back and its been over 24 hours...so i dont know:excuseme:

i dont know how to copy and paste....but go to craigs list and click on n.c. and then click on wilmington and the motorcycles and go down to the 2004 yz450f for 1950.00 and open up his ad and click on the photo and yall let me know what yall think....year model...and whether the ad is true or false

:banghead:

the guy never emailed me back and its been over 24 hours...so i dont know:excuseme:

i dont know how to copy and paste....but go to craigs list and click on n.c. and then click on wilmington and the motorcycles and go down to the 2004 yz450f for 1950.00 and open up his ad and click on the photo and yall let me know what yall think....year model...and whether the ad is true or false

:banghead:

its the first ad you see under monday dec.17th

come on ol buddies....let me know what year you think the bike is and quit trying to buy the bike out from under me:naughty: :D the guy will not reply back so i can go look at it:excuseme: :busted::banghead::D

if you could can you post a link to the bike cuz im having a hard time finding it..

dont worrie im not goign to buy it from under you i got to many:bonk:

if you could can you post a link to the bike cuz im having a hard time finding it..

dont worrie im not goign to buy it from under you i got to many:bonk:

yeah.....i got too many to....but i sold my 2006 crf450 last nite and im a sucker for a deal:mad:

thanks for the link greyracer 513 and how can ya tell its a 250?