Trail Tail

11 replies to this topic
  • martinfan30

Posted December 17, 2007 - 01:29 PM

found this in DS. its eaxctly what ive been looking for. there is a video in there too. holds about 80 pounds, 6 in of travel.

http://www.trailtail.com/main.html

• cleonard

Posted December 17, 2007 - 01:38 PM

Looks interesting. It's got to compromise the performance to some degree. On less extreme trails or dirt roads it might work pretty well. I'd say that keeping speeds down might be a good idea. Hitting big rocks at speed int he dez could be bad...

Needs a hollow rear axle. I think that mine is solid.

• cbrenthus

Posted December 17, 2007 - 02:17 PM

That's awesome. I saw one recently like that for a sportbike, specifically a Ducati 916/996/998

• martinfan30

Posted December 17, 2007 - 02:20 PM

i have sent them an email to see if they make or modify axles to work. this little unit would get all my camp gear weight down low. be nice. 600 bucks for an uncovered trailer and 1000 for an enclosed, locking fiberglass unit.

• Denn10

Posted December 17, 2007 - 02:21 PM

LMAO i almost spit my soda all over, i wanna see some freestyle tricks with that.SORRY first thing that came to mind. Never seen anything like that but im sure if your a slow rider, LIKE MARTIN, it works awesome. I wanna see someone lined up on the bomb run at a dez race with one of those and a cooler packed with beer that would be funny. how much they go for?

• knuklehead

Posted December 17, 2007 - 02:23 PM

They had those for mountain bike's for a while,allways thought it would be cool for a dirt bike.Haul your camping gear and xtra fuel out and set up base camp,then go explore.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted December 17, 2007 - 02:25 PM

look above your last post dummy!LOL! aint gonna race it in the dez either DENN!!! just for some DS/ADVENTURE rides to high mountain fishing spots. just need a little room there for a cooler of beer for the camp fire!

• knuklehead

Posted December 17, 2007 - 02:26 PM

LMAO i almost spit my soda all over, i wanna see some freestyle tricks with that.SORRY first thing that came to mind. Never seen anything like that but im sure if your a slow rider, LIKE MARTIN, it works awesome. I wanna see someone lined up on the bomb run at a dez race with one of those and a cooler packed with beer that would be funny. how much they go for?

Cooler hell why not ,Keger:thumbsup:

• martinfan30

Posted December 17, 2007 - 02:26 PM

They had those for mountain bike's for a while,allways thought it would be cool for a dirt bike.Haul your camping gear and xtra fuel out and set up base camp,then go explore.

You unlike DUMB10 have the right idea!LOL

• cleonard

Posted December 17, 2007 - 03:45 PM

When the space is limited, one has to go with hard alcohol. Depending on what/where the list ma be like:

Hard Alcohol (first on the list of course)
Gas Can
Camping gear
Food
Beer only if there is extra room.

• martinfan30

Posted December 17, 2007 - 03:58 PM

When the space is limited, one has to go with hard alcohol. Depending on what/where the list ma be like:

Hard Alcohol (first on the list of course)
Gas Can
Camping gear
Food
Beer only if there is extra room.

your list is very similar to mine!!!lol. heres what ya do for item #5... very important. go pick a spot and setup camp. then ride back to the nearest village and fill the small cooler in your new TRAIL TAIL! prob. solved.

• Juxxtin

Posted December 19, 2007 - 07:20 AM

Nice idea. I like it... especially when the luggage options on the R are limited.

:banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.