Engine stalls after initial water contact - ***?

3 replies to this topic
  • baysea

Posted December 17, 2007 - 12:19 AM

Hey all. Im riding a 98 WR400 and the engine stalls out after I hit the first puddle. No throttle response and it takes about 5 minutes before I can restart. Once restarted she will dive through any puddle no problems it's just the first one that gets her everytime. I've re-routed a couple of the carb hoses to the air box and checked wiring thinking it might be an electrical short but nothing doing. Any suggestions? Thanks

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 17, 2007 - 11:32 AM

Hey all. Im riding a 98 WR400 and the engine stalls out after I hit the first puddle. No throttle response and it takes about 5 minutes before I can restart. Once restarted she will dive through any puddle no problems it's just the first one that gets her everytime. I've re-routed a couple of the carb hoses to the air box and checked wiring thinking it might be an electrical short but nothing doing. Any suggestions? Thanks

You said you checked electrical but my first suspect would be kill switch circuit either in the switch or somewhere else is getting wet and shorting.

Good Luck!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • akiraone

Posted December 18, 2007 - 05:28 AM

hi,

I have similar problem like you after I hit the water even not so deep like to half haight of engine (to the half on of the clutch cover) my engine die I cant restart it to couple of minutes kicking or electric start.

My is wr450 '06

• drtrcr400

Posted December 18, 2007 - 08:43 PM

Did you check the condition of your plug cap?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.