Tire Size ?

14 replies to this topic
  • TobyB

Posted December 16, 2007 - 11:20 AM

I have a 07 YZ450F and it has a 110/90/19 rear. I screwed up and bought a 120/80/19 bridgestone 404. Will this still work or do I need to go exchange it?
Thanks.
Toby

• grayracer513

Posted December 16, 2007 - 11:50 AM

Yes, it will work with no problems.

• ivesy

Posted December 16, 2007 - 02:57 PM

Is it wrong that my 110 rubs the standard exhaust on my 06yzf when landing? I dont notice it happenning, but theres rub marks all over the exhaust.

• nap__kxf

Posted December 16, 2007 - 06:18 PM

it could rub on your exhaust if its stock and you bottom out the shock, but it won't harm anything.

• todds924

Posted December 16, 2007 - 08:53 PM

Is it wrong that my 110 rubs the standard exhaust on my 06yzf when landing? I dont notice it happenning, but theres rub marks all over the exhaust.

Yeah, its wrong..... You have a bent subframe probably...

• todds924

Posted December 16, 2007 - 08:54 PM

I have a 07 YZ450F and it has a 110/90/19 rear. I screwed up and bought a 120/80/19 bridgestone 404. Will this still work or do I need to go exchange it?
Thanks.
Toby

You will absolutely love the 404 in the 120 size.

• BBrown626

Posted December 16, 2007 - 08:55 PM

It should work very well, that is why the 08 comes with them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TobyB

Posted December 17, 2007 - 08:28 AM

Thanks for the replys, you guys are awsome! I bought the 404 after hearing great things from the magazines and here and cant wait to try it out.
Toby

• ivesy

Posted December 17, 2007 - 11:49 AM

Yeah, its wrong..... You have a bent subframe probably...

Nah surely not, it's always done it since new. Anyone else have this problem?
I'm the correct weight for the spring and hardly ever bottom the rear suspension out.

• todds924

Posted December 17, 2007 - 07:29 PM

Nah surely not, it's always done it since new. Anyone else have this problem?
I'm the correct weight for the spring and hardly ever bottom the rear suspension out.

you can check it out by pulling your shock off and moving the rear wheel and swingarm all the way up until it touches your rear fender. It shouldnt touch the pipe at all. Neither my 06 or 08 touch. How can you think that the wheel rubbing or touching the pipe is right as it moves through its arc of travel?

• ivesy

Posted December 17, 2007 - 10:08 PM

you can check it out by pulling your shock off and moving the rear wheel and swingarm all the way up until it touches your rear fender. It shouldnt touch the pipe at all. Neither my 06 or 08 touch. How can you think that the wheel rubbing or touching the pipe is right as it moves through its arc of travel?

It wont touch when I swing it up by hand, just while riding. Maybe when i land a bit crossed up :banghead:

• grayracer513

Posted December 17, 2007 - 11:43 PM

It wont touch when I swing it up by hand, just while riding.

The muffler may be swinging inward as the G force of the landing pulls on it.

• todds924

Posted December 18, 2007 - 05:58 PM

It wont touch when I swing it up by hand, just while riding. Maybe when i land a bit crossed up :banghead:

Weird??????? I know it doesn't take much to make it hit if the subframe is even a little off. Thats weird though. The muffler mount is good and tight, the wheel alignment and your swingarm bearings all good?

• ivesy

Posted December 18, 2007 - 11:17 PM

The swingarm bearings have just been regreased and theyre all in good nick. I set the wheel alignment from the block marks working from the back, I used to measure from the swingarm pivot point but that was not the easiest to do accuratley. Maybe i bent the exhaust in a bit on at the mounting point???

• todds924

Posted December 19, 2007 - 04:40 PM

The swingarm bearings have just been regreased and theyre all in good nick. I set the wheel alignment from the block marks working from the back, I used to measure from the swingarm pivot point but that was not the easiest to do accuratley. Maybe i bent the exhaust in a bit on at the mounting point???

That very well could be. I know on my 06 I got hit on the exhaust silencer in a first turn collision and when I hit the first jump after that, the pipe hit the tire....the second jump after that it hit the tire again and the force of the tire hitting it really bent up my subframe.....had to get a new one.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.