Horn Mount?

10 replies to this topic
  • seamus1618

Posted December 16, 2007 - 09:08 AM

Okay guys, getting closer to having my WR street legal.
Having some trouble figuring out where to mount my horn though.
Where have you mounted your horn?
I would like to keep it hidden, but I haven't really found a spot I like yet.

• Dirtnerd

Posted December 16, 2007 - 09:19 AM

I had my horn behind the rad until I put on a larger tank (06 wr), then I moved it behind the head light. Worked great.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted December 16, 2007 - 07:03 PM

I had my horn behind the rad until I put on a larger tank (06 wr), then I moved it behind the head light. Worked great.

i did what the above stated...but you need to tell us what year you have so we can help you out. i think behind the head light if pre 07 but after 07 i dont know...maybe some one else does.

• seamus1618

Posted December 16, 2007 - 08:52 PM

It's a 2000 WR400.
How are you mounting it behind the headlight? Hose-clamps?

• Birdy426

Posted December 16, 2007 - 10:18 PM

My horn has a little tab on it with a 6mm hole in it. I picked up one of the headlight nounting holes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • waynus

Posted December 16, 2007 - 11:41 PM

There's a coupla spare lugs on the frame behind the kickstart. I mounted mine there

• tweav

Posted December 17, 2007 - 04:04 AM

on my 07 I have it bolted on the wiring bracket behind the headlight, just below the trip computer

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted December 17, 2007 - 11:23 AM

I have Flatland Racing radiator guards on my bike and the horn is bolted to the top of the left one.

• face_plant

Posted December 17, 2007 - 12:44 PM

i duct taped it to my headlight wiring....its a pezo bout the size of a c battery

• markturbo

Posted December 18, 2007 - 12:10 PM

On my 06 I mounted it to the lower fork tree behind the headlight. The mount itself eventually broke from all the vibration.

I'm going to use a different metal bracket and mount it to the frame where the AIS use to bolt to it, since I don't think there is room behind the 07 headlight I put on.

Older pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

And with the light back on. The horn is an aftermarket replacement for import cars, so it has the higher tone sound to it, nice and loud. The cheap K&S horn couldn't even be heard over the bike.

Posted Image

• spidennis

Posted December 18, 2007 - 03:00 PM

Posted Image

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.