Removal of 08' stock exhaust cone..

7 replies to this topic
  • XRYoda

Posted December 15, 2007 - 09:13 PM

I think that I read that a few of you have removed the punched cone of the 08'stock exhaust. I cant find the post now. I am planning on keeping my stock exhaust with a PMB sparky in it. is there a:

...Power increase?

...Any idea of what the decibel level is?

• grayracer513

Posted December 15, 2007 - 09:28 PM

I don't recall seeing that here.

• XRYoda

Posted December 15, 2007 - 11:05 PM

I maybe having a minor hallucination again, I thought that I saw something about removing the punched cone a month or so ago. I cant find anything via the search so maybe I will have to be the pioneer. I will look into it after I get the PMB. Hopefully the PMB caps are out soon for the the 08's....

• Crazy5

Posted December 17, 2007 - 08:09 AM

I was thinking about doing the same with my stock exhaust,anyone know if this will make a huge difference??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BC3

Posted December 17, 2007 - 10:46 AM

No one thing short of correcting a lean or rich jetting condition will make a HUGE difference.....Maybe more or less noise, but not performance....IMO
A completely different pipe, but not just end cap mod....

• mxracer206

Posted December 18, 2007 - 04:35 AM

We did it on one when they first came out thinking they were on to something cool with the short canister. I did not get to ride the bike but we have let a few riders try it and the reports are not good. This is one bike that needs an exhaust.

• XRYoda

Posted December 18, 2007 - 05:53 PM

Great, I was hoping that someone tried it. Actually, I like the stocker, as I use the bike in the woods much of the time and dont need tons of brute force in the trees. The bike is plenty fast, I was just hoping to get just a tad more power way down low in the RPM's. Lugging speed, that is. I'll throw a PMB sparky on the can when they come out and if I feel the need I will mess with the accelerator pump.

Thanks for the replies,

• 525rider

Posted December 20, 2007 - 12:38 PM

I've been thinking doing the same thing with the stock mufler.
Let us know what you figured out.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.