XR650LL Question

5 replies to this topic
  • RMARTIN

Posted December 15, 2007 - 07:48 PM

What is different on the LL vs.the L. Dealer says its the California version. I would guess it has more emissions crap on it. The 07 LL was the best price I found at $5790 OTD.

• Denn10

Posted December 17, 2007 - 08:43 AM

650L is that only difference is CA model and if your in texas i dont see new ones being CA smog models just get a non smog model since you dont need to have it there in TX

• XR650L_Dave

Posted December 17, 2007 - 08:47 AM

We (here at TT) have seen mention of the XR650LL, consensus is either that its a mistake (by the dealer) or something so arcane about the bike that it really doesn't matter.

The california version can be identified by the hose coming off the gas cap, and a charcoal canister on the left-front (I think that's where it is).

The 49-state XRL and the cali model both have an oil separator just behind and below the petcock, hoses from it go to the airbox and the crankcase vent.

Dave

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cefox

Posted December 17, 2007 - 08:55 AM

The 650LL is the california model , according to the factory shop manual the differences are, non locking vented gas cap,and all the vents(carb,cap, crankcase) are ran through a charcol canister. I don't recall the factory spec weight of the LL but I'd quess it to be about 10 pounds heavier or maybe a bit less. The L's weight according to Honda is 328lbs dry.

• Denn10

Posted December 17, 2007 - 09:13 AM

im sure it is some kind of typo or rumor honda's website doesnt show any mention of a LL model, we all know the CA and 49 stater and know the changes between years, LOL none BNG only

• martinfan30

Posted December 17, 2007 - 09:47 AM

We (here at TT) have seen mention of the XR650LL, consensus is either that its a mistake (by the dealer) or something so arcane about the bike that it really doesn't matter.

The california version can be identified by the hose coming off the gas cap, and a charcoal canister on the left-front (I think that's where it is).

The 49-state XRL and the cali model both have an oil separator just behind and below the petcock, hoses from it go to the airbox and the crankcase vent.

Dave

thats all true.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.