3 more clicks, and the top end is back

11 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted December 15, 2007 - 06:12 PM

...mostly. The Edle was still lean (decel popping at all tempetures), so I went 3 more clicks rich. I went from 84mph topspeed to 98 mph top speed, and noticably better over-rev quality. It also has even MORE throttle response at low rpm, which is astounding. I actually have to be careful now....
Now I am satisfied enough for all around riding.

• husky123

Posted December 15, 2007 - 06:25 PM

I knew that'd fix her!!

• krokodilen

Posted December 15, 2007 - 07:18 PM

Witch needle do you use in current setup?

Mvh Christer

• weskc35k

Posted December 15, 2007 - 07:29 PM

What you were saying about less top end and a few posts with the eddy sounded weird.
It is supposed to have a few HP more up top than the stocker.
The way it sounded and ran should have been a clue that it was lean.
If you want to go you got to flow.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 15, 2007 - 07:36 PM

Witch needle do you use in current setup?

Mvh Christer

# 19 needle

• DREWBUSH

Posted December 16, 2007 - 06:59 PM

Krannie- how many clicks out are you now? 14? And you have the basic uncorking and a slip on right?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted December 16, 2007 - 07:06 PM

Krannie- how many clicks out are you now? 14? And you have the basic uncorking and a slip on right?

I can't remember how many clicks: I'm gonna say 18-20 for sure.
I have full uncorking with slip-on, and looking for a new full exhaust.
If you are thinking about an Edle for dual sport or off road, do it. Do it now.

• martinfan30

Posted December 16, 2007 - 09:11 PM

wow, all this from an edelbrock?:banghead:

• yammx

Posted December 17, 2007 - 12:45 AM

...mostly. The Edle was still lean (decel popping at all tempetures), so I went 3 more clicks rich. I went from 84mph topspeed to 98 mph top speed, and noticably better over-rev quality. It also has even MORE throttle response at low rpm, which is astounding. I actually have to be careful now....

What means "3more clicks"?

• creeky

Posted December 17, 2007 - 05:05 AM

Way to go! :banghead:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 18, 2007 - 09:52 AM

What means "3more clicks"?

The Edelbrock has no jets, per say. It has a tapered needle that covers the majority of the jetting chores, and it can be moved up or down to change the 'jetting', by holding the throttle wide open, and turning the adjuster on top of the carb more or less 'clicks'.

• sportbiker929

Posted December 19, 2007 - 06:45 AM

how many clicks are they from edlebrock? Mine is a huge improvement off the bottom and starting. No more Big XR starting ritual. The mid range now has a hit and it will wheelie 2nd gear away from a light and 3rd with some clutch help.

Mitch

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.