finaly got 650r on dyno

17 replies to this topic
  • roadrunner81

Posted December 14, 2007 - 12:11 PM

got my bike on dyno 12-10 to see what it would put down, first run it was apparent that bike was to rich. After jetting from a 170 main all the way down to a 155 my bike made 54.9hp. After looking over the dyno charts I could see that my bike was making over 50hp from 5000rpm until it hit the rev limiter, it also put down 43ft lbs of torque. I'm sure it would make more power if I had the carb bored, oversized valves and an exhuast with larger header tubes.
http://www.thumperta...d=49736&thumb=1

• hondacrf150f1

Posted December 14, 2007 - 12:29 PM

got my bike on dyno 12-10 to see what it would put down, first run it was apparent that bike was to rich. After jetting from a 170 main all the way down to a 155 my bike made 54.9hp. After looking over the dyno charts I could see that my bike was making over 50hp from 5000rpm until it hit the rev limiter, it also put down 43ft lbs of torque. I'm sure it would make more power if I had the carb bored, oversized valves and an exhuast with larger header tubes.
http://www.thumperta...d=49736&thumb=1

List of mods?

A 170 to a 155 is huge!! what temp and altitude were you at?

• roadrunner81

Posted December 14, 2007 - 12:34 PM

JE 11:1 stock bore
megacycle cam
stainless valves
valve springs
light port
41 fcr
pro cicuit t4
air box cover

• roadrunner81

Posted December 14, 2007 - 12:36 PM

400-500 ft
60 degrees

• Denn10

Posted December 14, 2007 - 12:39 PM

well since you do make extra hp with a lean condition you sure you didnt go too lean? Are you basing your jetting solely on hp from the dyno? Ill bet you need to step that back up a little. Love dyno's though fun to see what you can do on one.

• hondacrf150f1

Posted December 14, 2007 - 12:44 PM

JE 11:1 stock bore
megacycle cam
stainless valves
valve springs
light port
41 fcr
pro cicuit t4
air box cover

So the main jets must diffore because you have the FCR right? im at same elivation, and i have a 178 in my stock kiehin.

I thought the uncorked 650R was suppost to make around 50 HP:confused:
You've got all kinds of goodies on there....so how does the Higher compression and cam increase power? im proble gona do the HRC kit next and someday send out out the motor and get a 680 bore with porting.:banghead:

• KAS

Posted December 14, 2007 - 01:26 PM

So the main jets must diffore because you have the FCR right? im at same elivation, and i have a 178 in my stock kiehin.

I thought the uncorked 650R was suppost to make around 50 HP:confused:
You've got all kinds of goodies on there....so how does the Higher compression and cam increase power? im proble gona do the HRC kit next and someday send out out the motor and get a 680 bore with porting.:banghead:

An "FCR" is a Keihin carb.

5 extra ponies across the board from a hi-comp piston, camp, pipe, carb & airbox mods would actually be doing pretty good.

But since we don't know what his bike did stock on the dyno, there's no telling what kinda power he picked up.

• roadrunner81

Posted December 14, 2007 - 01:27 PM

I rode it afterwards down the street behind my buddies shop, no sign of being lean,lays rubber in 3rd then I hit a dog and crashed and broke my collar bone and getting hardware installed next friday, yeah! I ran a 190 with stock carb no piston or cam. I thought it would make more power but it pulls wheelies in third with out pulling up on bars and I weigh 240 so i think its got enough power.

• Thumpmeister

Posted December 14, 2007 - 09:38 PM

Where did you have yours done? I've built my pig up a little bit, although not quite as much as you have done to yours. I don't have the high-comp piston or FCR...

What shop did you go to for the dyno?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HawkGT

Posted December 14, 2007 - 09:52 PM

So the main jets must diffore because you have the FCR right? im at same elivation, and i have a 178 in my stock kiehin...

Different carb certainly makes a difference. The extra point of compression can have influence as well. Higher compression will often create a stronger vacuum signal through the carb which can draw more fuel through the same size jet. In other words, in many cases as you go higher and higher on compression you need to go lower and lower on the jetting. The engine isn't using less fuel, it's just able to get more fuel through the same size jet.

To the OP: nice power!

• BBA

Posted December 15, 2007 - 04:37 AM

Bummer on the crash, hope the dog is ok lol! Just kidding, I hope you are recovering well. Anytime you can pull a true 5 hp out of a little thumper motor you are doing something right. I know 5hp does not sound like much but just look at it as adding an extra B&S lawn mower motor to your bike when you can accomplish this. Sounds like a mean BRP!

• roadrunner81

Posted December 15, 2007 - 10:11 AM

A good friend of mine Kenny ownes S&S motorsports(253-537-3850) on River Rd. in Puyallup. I got all of my parts from him and used his dyno. My motor has been together for around a year and zero probs so I'm happy.

• roadrunner81

Posted December 19, 2007 - 10:01 AM

As soon as I feel well enough I'm going back to dyno to compare pips, filters and cam timing. I have to find something to do since I can't ride!

• Denn10

Posted December 19, 2007 - 12:29 PM

you have access to an air/fuel monitor to put in the exhaust also so you can check mixtures while dyno'in ?

• Ireek

Posted December 20, 2007 - 10:18 AM

just curious, did you use the sae corrected hp figure or just the standard? My gsxr1000 just made 168 corrected rwhp and 172 standard rwhp.

• sanjoh

Posted December 20, 2007 - 11:16 AM

just curious, did you use the sae corrected hp figure or just the standard? My gsxr1000 just made 168 corrected rwhp and 172 standard rwhp.

Now all U need r knobbies for the gixr

• roadrunner81

Posted December 20, 2007 - 02:44 PM

sae corrected hp, and yes I do have access to a air/fuel meter and I will be using it next time.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted December 21, 2007 - 05:48 PM

The biggest mistake most guys make is too big of a jet. Its an odd thought process, but it seems like this;

New pipe=bigger jet

New carb, bigger jets still, open the air box up, bigger jets, so on and so on.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.