Maxxis desert IT's or Dunlop 739 AT's

21 replies to this topic
  • dylanf1

Posted December 21, 2007 - 09:19 AM

I have an 07' WR450 with the crappy stock tires and I am looking to change them. I ride mostly hard pack, AZ desert. What tire is the hot setup, the desert IT with the IS up front or the 739 with the 756F RR or any combination of those? What size rear are you running, 110 or 120? The 120 seems VERY wide. Thanks in advance for any and all input. :banghead:

BRIDGESTONE 403/404 COMBO ROCKS! = BIKE WILL BE MUCH MEANER IN OUR DESERT TERRAIN! STAY WITH 110 IN REAR FOR BEST HANDLING, 120 WOULD BE SERIOUS OVERKILL WITH THESE BAD BOYS AND YOU WILL SACRIFICE AGILITY.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted December 21, 2007 - 09:28 AM

When I was in AZ I ran the Dunlop 952 up front and the Max Desert IT 120 in the rear. To me it seemed the D739 Desert started chunking knobs, where as the Max didnt as much. And thats running pretty rocky terrain like out at the mile markers by lake pleasant etc.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.