JB welded countershaft nut

2 replies to this topic
  • TheAnswerMan

Posted December 13, 2007 - 10:27 PM

Lucky me, JB Weld saved the trip and held my stripped countershaft sprocket nut on for the bulk of our 1,525 miles of Baja last week (Cabo to Tecate).

Now I need to figure out how to get the nut off, restore the threads on the countershaft, and hopefully do it all without splitting the cases...

Does anyone have any suggestions for removing a liberal amount of very solid JB Weld from the countershaft & sprocket nut?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted December 15, 2007 - 10:49 AM

If the threads are real bad, you might need a new shaft, ouch! Either way you're in for what seems like a lot of work. I know I wasn't much help, but had to comment

• SXP

Posted December 17, 2007 - 11:57 PM

Lucky me, JB Weld saved the trip and held my stripped countershaft sprocket nut on for the bulk of our 1,525 miles of Baja last week (Cabo to Tecate).

Now I need to figure out how to get the nut off, restore the threads on the countershaft, and hopefully do it all without splitting the cases...

Does anyone have any suggestions for removing a liberal amount of very solid JB Weld from the countershaft & sprocket nut?

An impact wrench will make short work of it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.