how do i know

5 replies to this topic
  • BoobZ

Posted December 13, 2007 - 09:24 PM

if my yz426 has an aftermarket exhaust cam?? i just recently bought this bike.

i have no problem starting my bike(which no longer has the decomp. cable)

it has the plug in the head for the decompression cable. but idk if it has auto decomp because havnt felt the difference between decompression and compression..

i've also never had the kick back that you guys talk about sometimes.. i guess im just a natural badass at strarting the beast (no B-W mod, no BK mod, no after market accelerater pump cover)

for all i know, my bike could have the auto decomp cam, and possibly an intake cam..

• Wiz636

Posted December 13, 2007 - 10:23 PM

You have an auto-decomp exhaust cam in there or you wouldn't be kicking it over unless you are a gorilla. Whether it is an aftermarket Hotcam or an OEM 450 cam...who knows.

• Stepdaddy

Posted December 14, 2007 - 05:55 AM

I put my money on you being a natural badass

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • USED YZ426F

Posted December 14, 2007 - 05:55 AM

You couldn't kick it over if it still had the stock cam in it without the decomp lever.

• grayracer513

Posted December 14, 2007 - 06:04 AM

Odds are, you have auto decompression. If you want to know for certain, pull the cam cover and look at the exhaust cam sprocket. If there is a flyweight and spring on the end of the cam, it's AD.

Has it occurred to you to ask the last owner?

• BoobZ

Posted December 16, 2007 - 04:02 PM

ya, but the last owner doesnt know jack about the bike, he bought it from somebody that i have no way of getting ahold of.. thanks for clarifying that though guys.. i still think im a natural badass even if it does have AD.. lol

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.