01 yz426 snap

4 replies to this topic
  • 01_426f

Posted December 13, 2007 - 06:32 PM

does putting in both the intake and exhaust cam from Hotcams make the bike a lot faster or is it even noticeable? im looking at making my 01 yz426 a little snappier and faster (more 2 stroke-like) and was wondering if the cams make a difference. also, does porting and polishing the head do alot on these bikes?

• felix4x4

Posted December 13, 2007 - 06:38 PM

Put a 450 ex cam in it. You will not be displeased with it. Also, its a lot more cost effective than the Hot cams.

Alot of the not being snappy on that motor is jetting and the ap timing on the carb. When I fixed that my bike ran totally different.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • whyzee426F

Posted December 13, 2007 - 06:49 PM

does putting in both the intake and exhaust cam from Hotcams make the bike a lot faster or is it even noticeable? im looking at making my 01 yz426 a little snappier and faster (more 2 stroke-like) and was wondering if the cams make a difference. also, does porting and polishing the head do alot on these bikes?

I have the hotcam exhaust cam only...and noticed a difference after...more low end, a bit less hit. I later polished the intake port and I think it gave it more low end but have nothing to prove it.

Hotcams claims using both their cams yields increased torque and hp...and a mellower hit, I believe.

Whatever you do, make sure to change out that cam chain...50 hours or so and it'll be stretched, which seems to impact performance.

• 642MX

Posted December 13, 2007 - 07:00 PM

If your looking for more snap, you should think about a 13.5:1 piston. The higher compression makes a bunch more mid-range. The Hot Cams will increase power across the board, they make the hit longer, not harder.

• 01_426f

Posted December 13, 2007 - 08:04 PM

what about the zipty mod? so probably doing some porting and an 03 450 cam would do the trick?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.