1st and 2nd gear wheelies?

50 replies to this topic
  • martinfan30

Posted December 18, 2007 - 08:39 AM

murman, with those mods and the stock pipe, you prob. will not see much improvement over stock. the purpose of the carb mods is to supply the extra fuel/air mix needed AFTER the pipe has been replaced with a better flow system. it basically cant breath. im sure you know though.

i had the djet kit AND drilled my slide. the response was very good.

• Murman NT

Posted December 18, 2007 - 09:24 AM

murman, with those mods and the stock pipe, you prob. will not see much improvement over stock. the purpose of the carb mods is to supply the extra fuel/air mix needed AFTER the pipe has been replaced with a better flow system. it basically cant breath. im sure you know though.

i had the djet kit AND drilled my slide. the response was very good.

I got the bike with the DJ kit on it, and rode another bike with only Dave's mods, and the Dave's Mods response was better, so that's why I drilled the slide. Didn't see a big change quite honestly. Will likely remove DJ when I get around to it.

I just added a new stock pipe, as the old one was getting rusty.

• stevilkanevil

Posted December 18, 2007 - 09:34 AM

I have a stock 2007 650l and after learning to use the clutch had no problem getting front wheel in the air.

• martinfan30

Posted December 18, 2007 - 09:43 AM

I have a stock 2007 650l and after learning to use the clutch had no problem getting front wheel in the air.

itll do em stock with clutch work and body position.

it sure is nice though just to roll on the throttle in 2nd and have the front end come up!!!

41 fcr, hotcam, e2 slipon, stock header welds ground off, hi comp piston soon to come!

• Rman of 237

Posted December 18, 2007 - 10:22 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt one of the perks of the Dynojet kit is that you don't have to drill the slide due to the smaller(weaker) spring that comes with the kit? "Daves mods" requires you to drill the slide because you're using the stock spring.
If you're using the Dynojet kit (or Daves Mods) and you're not seeing a pronounced performance increase then you have other issues that you need to address.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted December 18, 2007 - 11:01 AM

you are correct! that is exactly the reason. i guess i just wanted to experiment and i didnt have any thing else to do! it turned out to work just fine.

• Murman NT

Posted December 18, 2007 - 08:28 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt one of the perks of the Dynojet kit is that you don't have to drill the slide due to the smaller(weaker) spring that comes with the kit? "Daves mods" requires you to drill the slide because you're using the stock spring.
If you're using the Dynojet kit (or Daves Mods) and you're not seeing a pronounced performance increase then you have other issues that you need to address.

I'm not the first person that I know that didn't see a big result from the Dynojet Kit. Like I say, the kit was on the bike when I got it. I'm more impressed with Dave's Mods, but I may play with the carb. I have to take it off and get the instructions to the kit to see if all is well.

In fact, there is a DJ sticker on the swingarm, and when I looked at the jets as I was drilling the slides, they jets looked odd, but to be honest, I can't even swear that a kit is on there, but it seems like a logical assumption.

• tgstoken

Posted December 18, 2007 - 09:38 PM

Guys, there's a reason the Dynojet kit is commonly called the "Dynojoke".

• XR680RR

Posted December 18, 2007 - 10:00 PM

This thread is way far to funny!!!!:banghead:

Why whould you want to ride a wheelie on an L ?

Wouldn't you spill your mocha from Starbuck's?

:busted: :D :D

Get an 'R', put a plate on it and this wouldn't even be a question!

• martinfan30

Posted December 18, 2007 - 10:06 PM

This thread is way far to funny!!!!:banghead:

Why whould you want to ride a wheelie on an L ?

Wouldn't you spill your mocha from Starbuck's?

:busted: :D :D

Get an 'R', put a plate on it and this wouldn't even be a question!

NO! thats what the cup holder is for!lol

• XR650L_Dave

Posted December 19, 2007 - 08:51 AM

it would be nice if this were true, but the softer spring allows the slide to move more for a given airflow (which drilling does not) so it does open a little quicker , but the softer spring does not allow the slide to open as fast as drilling the slide does.

Dave

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.