buying XRR, titling and plating in AZ...Must this be completed at time on initial pur

5 replies to this topic
  • Aurora

Posted December 13, 2007 - 05:10 PM


I don't want to pay the dealer holding me hostage for hundreds of dollars just to get an initial plate.

To get an XRR plated in Arizona, must this be accomplished while purchasing the bike at the dealership when new or can I save money and make the modification on my own the go to DMV and get the XRR plated?

Other than state sale tax, how much can I expect to pay for sales paper work for the XRR. I know, it is what I negotiate, but what is realistic the lowest price? Better yet what is the true cost to the dealer?

Would you get a Honda extended warranty on the XRR? Most riding will be on the street.



  • Murdercrosser

Posted December 14, 2007 - 12:01 AM


Its easy to get a plate in AZ. All i had to do to get my plate for my XR600 was pass emissions. There were no inspections. If I'm not mistaken, you only need a brakelight, headlight, horn, and a mirror to be legal here.

  • Bennito

Posted December 14, 2007 - 07:32 AM


If bike is <2 yrs old, no emissions required. Bringing the bike from out of state, I had to have the vin inspected at the DMV. They do not check if you have your street legal gear on there. Its up to you to get it done before hitting the street.

No clue on cost to plate, since my bike is so old it was nearly free. (isn't registration in AZ based on value of bike?) I think tags and title was <35$.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cb60130

Posted December 14, 2007 - 11:55 AM


I plated my XRR last year after I bought it. All I had to do was sign a waiver stating that I had the equipment to be legal and they handed me a plate. Coming from out of state you will probably have to get inspected and depending on the age...smogged. Not a big deal. Oh yeah....I can't remember if I needed to show proof of insurance....

  • rhino105amx

Posted December 15, 2007 - 09:58 AM


N o need to show proof of insurance at DMV, insurance co sends proof to DMV and if you don't get insurance within a few days they pull the plate.

  • hill5150

Posted December 15, 2007 - 10:16 AM


As of 2003- in a non emission county, (Havasu,Phoenix) all was needed was a VIN check, 65 bux and proof of AZ insurance in < 30 days..plate in hand and a smile on your mug.....:banghead:

Related Content


Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.