DirtWerkz dB Dawg

3 replies to this topic
  • USED YZ426F

Posted December 13, 2007 - 07:07 AM

Does anyone use a DirtWerkz dB Dawg on their 426?
Their website says that is will reduce noise upto 10 dB.
Just wondering if they really do work and how much (if at all) they hurt performance.

• creeker

Posted December 13, 2007 - 08:25 AM

They do work, but they do hurt performance... don't let anyone tell you they don't.

I had one and it made a noticeable difference in sound, but in the end I decided to not use it because I felt it robbed a lot of power.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted December 13, 2007 - 11:43 AM

I have one. I use it to get thru the sound tests and then I quickly remove it, because it really kills the bottom end.

I have a FMF Ti-4 slip-on with the power-bomb header. With the DB Dawg it registers 91 DB. Without it, its just over 100 DB.

It does work, but it does feel like you put a cork in the exhaust.

If you need to have a quiet exhaust all the time, then I would recommend a Q2 muffler. The Q2's are quiet and actually give more mid range and top end power. My wife has one on her 290F and it registers 93 DB.

• John407

Posted December 14, 2007 - 12:33 PM

I have on for my '03 YZ 450 and for my '04 KXF 290. It runs great on the KXF with only a needle clip adjustment to sharpen it up. I've never been able to get the YZ to run right. I've even tried completely different needles and its still no luck. It is quieter but I've given up on it (at least for awhile) on the YZ.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.