White brothers carbon exhaust question?

9 replies to this topic
  • srfdwg2

Posted December 12, 2007 - 03:32 PM

Hello thumpers/thumpettes!!!!!! This is my first post.I have an issue that some one can help me out on.I have a 2007 yz450f with a white brothers carbon pro exhaust system.Today i was going to repack the exhaust system,but for some reason I am having a really hard time trying to remove the canister away from the main pipe/mount.I would really hate to start beating it with a rubber mallet.Does anybody have an idea or clue on how i can remove this with out beating it to death with a rubber mallet?p.s.I also soaked it with lubricant did not help.Thanks for your time.

• almostinvincible119

Posted December 12, 2007 - 05:23 PM

Hello thumpers/thumpettes!!!!!! This is my first post.I have an issue that some one can help me out on.I have a 2007 yz450f with a white brothers carbon pro exhaust system.Today i was going to repack the exhaust system,but for some reason I am having a really hard time trying to remove the canister away from the main pipe/mount.I would really hate to start beating it with a rubber mallet.Does anybody have an idea or clue on how i can remove this with out beating it to death with a rubber mallet?p.s.I also soaked it with lubricant did not help.Thanks for your time.

if the screws are removed, then take a blunt piece of wood and beat the edge of the outer ring. the aluminum thing, and work your way around it.

• todds924

Posted December 12, 2007 - 06:38 PM

A heat gun works well also

• srfdwg2

Posted December 13, 2007 - 12:35 PM

Almostinvinsible,,were you serious about the"screws"lol?JK.Yeah, i finally got that thing off after an hour of beating.Man what a pain.Also what are you people using for packing?I bought the FMF but it seems like its not going to work,it seems White Brothers have their own desighn.I guess i will take other suggestions to help me out on a alternative.I really hate to spend $50.00 everytime I need to repack this thing,more suggestion would be greatly appreciated.Thanks again

• almostinvincible119

Posted December 13, 2007 - 07:35 PM

i just broke down and bought the WB packin after tryin to dick with the fmf stuff. the wb stuff comes wrapped up and is super easy to install. i give it a A+. and yeh the screws were killer at gettin out. they dont anti seize them from the factory, but im def. gonna anti sieze these.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Family Man

Posted December 13, 2007 - 07:57 PM

how do you like the pipe performance wise?

• almostinvincible119

Posted December 14, 2007 - 08:01 AM

i got a fmf mega-carbon 4.1 sittin around here and the wb kills it. i love the WB. good stuff

• srfdwg2

Posted December 14, 2007 - 03:25 PM

Almostinvincible,where did you get the packing from?Yeah those screws were most def a pain to get out also.Also the housing was even worse"lol"but I got if off."Family man" all i can say is that pipe rocks!!!!!!!!!!!! Also when i removed the old packing after maybe 30 hours of use,it still looked good.But I am just going to white brothers and get the packing kit.Less headaches.

• almostinvincible119

Posted December 15, 2007 - 11:17 PM

thats the best way to do it. i have 80 hours on my practice pipe and im just now replacing the packing on it. the WB kit lasts. and its somewhat easy to install. much easier than FMF's red packing.

• srfdwg2

Posted December 16, 2007 - 08:33 PM

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.