Exhaust modification / Damper

2 replies to this topic
  • Snapper

Posted April 02, 2002 - 06:31 PM

I have just been through the posts on exhaust mod's and dampers - two questions?

a)
has anybody actually modified the stock WR01 exhaust (or similar) - what changes did you make? I am considering shortening it, increasing the size of the core and putting a downturned end cap on. May not be as light as aftermarket but cheaper.

b)has anybody succesfully fitted a front mounted damper to a WR and retained the light/odo? Got Photo's?

Cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • skippy

Posted April 03, 2002 - 01:38 AM

Snapper
Check out www.eatmydirt.com.au site. Forum. Under general.-Modified exhaust.

• Snapper

Posted April 03, 2002 - 09:18 PM

Cheers Skippy,
seen that - a fella called roo-hunter has cut the end of his stock and replaced it with a removable end cap (40mm outlet) and left the internals alone. :D Suggests substantial mid range improvement.

Sounds like a good option - surely someone on TT has had some modification experiance here :)

I am buying a damper and can't afford a pipe as well :D

thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.