2000 WR400 Weeping Waterpump

4 replies to this topic
  • Solo

Posted December 11, 2007 - 08:15 PM

Does anyone know if I need to remove the case side cover to service this?
I plan on replacing the seals AND the impeller shaft. I just need to know if I should order a case side cover gasket too.

Help :banghead:

• tweav

Posted December 11, 2007 - 11:38 PM

I just pulled my 07 wr450 apart for the same thing . I had to pull off my side cover . I know the are not the same at all , but the over all design should be . On my bike there was no way to do with out pulling the side , But I did not tear any gaskets during the tear down.

here's pics of your's

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you look a the shaft "it's part 1 in the first pic" there is a lip on the the end that is facing inward , that will not allow you to pull it out from the outside.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kskyles

Posted December 12, 2007 - 08:27 AM

it's pretty straight forward. make sure to check out the bearing too. last time i had mine off, i swapped it out for a new one.

• Solo

Posted December 12, 2007 - 03:15 PM

Being that it's a 8 years old and I've not had the bike it's entire life it's getting all the gaskets, seals, bearings, and that little shaft. Cheap insurance. Thanks for the help- parts are on order.

• brad the best

Posted December 12, 2007 - 06:53 PM

make sure you go to yamaha and get what ever coolant they recomend . yamaha have a reputation for having water pumps ripped out if you cheap out on coolant .

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.