'08 450 Fork Question

2 replies to this topic
  • MotoXT

Posted December 11, 2007 - 07:39 PM

Is there an easy way to lower the oil in the fork? Thanks for any help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • racerxx276

Posted December 11, 2007 - 07:54 PM

short of taking them apart... Remove forks , remove air bleed screw , pour whatever cc's into a cc vial.

I've found that with the new rising rate on the 08's ,the forks spring rate is a lot softer than the rear. I upped my fork spring rate, left the rear alone.. I weigh 190 with gear.... good luck...

• MotoXT

Posted December 11, 2007 - 08:10 PM

short of taking them apart... Remove forks , remove air bleed screw , pour whatever cc's into a cc vial.

I've found that with the new rising rate on the 08's ,the forks spring rate is a lot softer than the rear. I upped my fork spring rate, left the rear alone.. I weigh 190 with gear.... good luck...

Thank racer. That's what I thought after looking at the schematic. As far as spring rate, I went down with mine, front and rear, but I'm about 15lbs shy of you. I had Pro Action do the change and revalve, and so far I'm happy, except I'm not getting full travel in the front, which is why I want to lower the oil a bit and see how it goes.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.