Anyone using 1 1/8 bars?

8 replies to this topic
  • Frank ZX

Posted December 11, 2007 - 05:09 PM

Anyone using over sized bars on there BRP?If so,how did you make them fit?Any pic's?I just got some Tag bars,and was wondering if I should buy adaptors or what.

• Frank ZX

Posted December 11, 2007 - 05:10 PM

Anyone using over sized bars on there BRP?If so,how did you make them fit?Any pic's?I just got some Tag bars,and was wondering if I should buy adaptors or what.

Also,what are some of the better grips?Thanks

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 11, 2007 - 05:33 PM

Lots of choices, mosts in the $$ range.
I went with this set I found on ebay. Not the best quality finish, but very good value. Can't find the link, but someone will chime in.
I like pro-grips the best; a bit larger in diameter, and a bit softer.

Posted Image

• XR4DEZ

Posted December 11, 2007 - 05:42 PM

Pro Tapers, BRP clamp, scotts forward mount and ODI grips.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sharktaco

Posted December 11, 2007 - 08:16 PM

The guy that sells that top clamp hasn’t been listing them on eBay recently but they are available on his website. www.rswracing.com. $125 plus shipping.

• Brtp4

Posted December 11, 2007 - 08:21 PM

Pro Tapers, BRP clamp, scotts forward mount and ODI grips.

Forward mount? XRL or XRR? OE forks or USDs? Pics?

Bp

• absynth01

Posted December 12, 2007 - 05:28 AM

XR650L Rox anti vibe 2" rise+7/8 bars to 1-1/8. Fatbars, moose handguards, moose comp protectors. It doesn't interfere with my Clark tank either. I haven't got it all back together yet. Still waiting on my longer clutch cable. I may swap my CR front, but haven't really wanted to have the CR inoperable. BTW I like the way the setup turned out. Winter is here and the L is on the back burner. Time to rip sleds!!
Posted Image

• Maroast

Posted December 12, 2007 - 07:06 AM

I run 1 1/8 bars using this setup....I feel it works really well and have had no problems

http://www.rockymoun...odFamilyId=3154

• XR4DEZ

Posted December 12, 2007 - 10:27 AM

Forward mount? XRL or XRR? OE forks or USDs? Pics?

Bp

It's an R, here's a link to Scott's pic of the set up. :banghead:

http://scottsonline....?ID=571&DPID=41

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.