service Honda/no HRC cams

8 replies to this topic
  • fc501

Posted December 11, 2007 - 08:12 AM

Just called serviceHonda.com and Honda doesnt even sell the HRC 628 kit anymore, not even the HRC cam. It was sold together as a kit. Where would you get a HRC cam?
thanks

• cleonard

Posted December 11, 2007 - 08:42 AM

I think the answer is, you don't. There are cams available fro Megacycle, HotCams, and WebCams. The Hotcam only has one. If I remember correctly both Webcam and Megacycle have several including full on race types.

• pj151

Posted December 11, 2007 - 08:57 AM

Hey Fc501 do you have the Honda part number that you are looking for ?

• fc501

Posted December 11, 2007 - 09:01 AM

no I don't...they guy at servicehonda.com asked the same thing about a part number! I have no idea where to get that and he didnt know either.
It bumps me out that a bike that was made for at least 8 to 9 years without any major changes can be so hard to find trick parts for.
Example this cam or frame guards or triple clamps.
thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted December 11, 2007 - 09:23 AM

no I don't...they guy at servicehonda.com asked the same thing about a part number! I have no idea where to get that and he didnt know either.
It bumps me out that a bike that was made for at least 8 to 9 years without any major changes can be so hard to find trick parts for.
Example this cam or frame guards or triple clamps.
thanks

Once production on a bike ends, the aftermarket support dries up in only a few years. The XR600 was made for 16 years from 85-00. Some things were unavailable in 2001. Same thing is happening for the XR650L and Honda is still selling it.

• XRMANU

Posted December 11, 2007 - 03:07 PM

Voila. :banghead:

Posted Image

• Brtp4

Posted December 11, 2007 - 03:14 PM

Thaaaaat one's a keeper.

BP

Voila. :banghead:

Posted Image

• XRMANU

Posted December 11, 2007 - 03:18 PM

No problem. :busted:

Hell ...the HRC kit ..that's a time ago ,must been '94 ,later bored it out to 640cc (101mm) and then to 660cc (102.4).The 660cc was faster than a stock (uncorked) 650R :banghead:

• Beerad

Posted December 11, 2007 - 03:25 PM

Hey Fc501 do you have the Honda part number that you are looking for ?

Like the layout below shows, the camshaft has the "NH4" scribed into it. I have one in a box from yeeeeaaars ago when used to race the 628 Honda. I also have an original used but in good shape "NH4" cylinder that was part of the 628 kit. PM me if you're interested.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.