Powercore 4 on 08 YZ450?

8 replies to this topic
  • CRFsean

Posted December 10, 2007 - 06:16 PM

Im thinking this is the exhaust(powercore 4) I am gonna buy as my local dealer (roseville yamaha) just kicked me back a 500 dollar gift card for the price that we payed as otdcycles.com had a price that was $800.00 cheaper. So does anyone have any experience with this pipe? I just want to ditch the stock one, but how about the white bros e2 or the XCR. The XCR looks very big tho.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 10, 2007 - 06:35 PM

Im thinking this is the exhaust(powercore 4) I am gonna buy as my local dealer (roseville yamaha) just kicked me back a 500 dollar gift card for the price that we payed as otdcycles.com had a price that was $800.00 cheaper. So does anyone have any experience with this pipe? I just want to ditch the stock one, but how about the white bros e2 or the XCR. The XCR looks very big tho.

I believe I have made up mind to go with the TI Dr. D Pipe. From what I have heard It's the best for the money. You have to agree Dr.D does know Yamaha's! It's also reasonably priced!

• matts06yzf

Posted December 10, 2007 - 06:39 PM

I am going to Buy another DR D also but dont know which one I want hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I have one on my 08 but a bad spill made it look like hell

• Racer808

Posted December 10, 2007 - 06:53 PM

I'm telling you guys, try the Yoshimura RS-2, I was die hard Dr D for a long time, not anymore, now I am die hard yoshimura. Better quality build, doenst block the oil filter so I dont have to move the header, and the power increase is on par with Dr D but Dr D has no over rev. Yosh, all the way!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nap__kxf

Posted December 10, 2007 - 07:08 PM

i've heard horror stories about the xcr cracking at the welds more than one time...

• CRFsean

Posted December 10, 2007 - 08:01 PM

i've heard horror stories about the xcr cracking at the welds more than one time...

ya i dont think I was going to get that one anyway cause it is really big. but does anyone know anything about the powercore 4?

• JSanfilippo

Posted December 10, 2007 - 08:06 PM

Thats interesting because the E2 has that prob too.

They are very long silencers, I wouldn't be surprised if the extra weight hanging off the back end is causing those weld brakes

• CRFsean

Posted December 10, 2007 - 08:10 PM

Thats interesting because the E2 has that prob too.

They are very long silencers, I wouldn't be surprised if the extra weight hanging off the back end is causing those weld brakes

k so no white bros for me, looks like im getting the powercore, and its affordable lol:ride:

• motoscotty

Posted December 10, 2007 - 08:30 PM

I tested dr. d wh. bros. and the megabomb sys and the white bros. al. pro 2 and the megabomb sys. were far above the dee pipe..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.